Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Ain’t those things hella dense? But yeah I can see those running kinda efficient…same bracket as foamies and tubeless

Low rolling resistance…

1 Like

Or just either A: eat the extra weight and range hit because nummies are nice and smooth, or B: suck it up and stick to nice, rough but energy-efficient 'thane.

Unfortunately ride comfort and energy efficiency in skateboard wheels are kinda mutually exclusive.

1 Like

Ahh damn…I guess bergs and racerstars is the smallest board I’ll get? It’ll be an Evolve but better lol

Hoyt are about to release 5" pnuemies

1 Like

If pure efficiency is what you want, I have a set of 150mm Roadrunner Powerslide roller blade wheels (150mm diameter, 30mm wide, 5mm contact patch, 83A durometer, solid polyurethane) that would roll further than probably any other commerically available >100mm skate wheel

And they could be for sale for a great price if anyone were to be interested

2 Likes

With wheels like those, other drivetrain losses might actually noticeably come into play, like belt friction and magnetic hysteresis.

1 Like

I got a small question:
I have set my VESC to stuff like 97mm Wheels, 2.4 gear ratio.
But I changed my wheel size to 110mm and therefore changed the gear ratio to a higher one for less top speed (was like 50kmh… I wanted around 40kmh ish)

Now I only hit 30kmh and it just won’t give any more power to get faster… It feels like throttled.
Could ERPM limit be an issue?..
Would adjusting the VESC values resolve this or is this probably just the 44T pulley replacing the 36T one? Would be weird because I found the calculator to be very precise…
Esk8 calculator says I should hit like 45kmh

Try changing the motor pulley to 16T

1 Like

All other things being equal, which is better, TB 6374 190KV vs Maytech 6374 170KV in terms of performance/quality?

I think TB is a little tougher but only if it’s new

2 Likes

I also have 6" of space between the inside face of my motor plates, will 6374’s fit? I’m not sure if those motors are really 74mm long (148mm) .

6" = 152.4 mm. 152.4 mm -148 mm = 4.4 mm = 0.19" of space between motors seems tight.

No they run a bit bigger

1 Like

Maytech sealed or regular?

The sealed Maytech in my experience are not the greatest motors. The newest model TB motors are pretty good.

Also for a street board at 10S to 12S I think 190Kv is a lot better, but ymmv and of course motor Kv is an important design detail.

1 Like

Regular. I just saw that Maytech also has a 190kV 6374.

All things equal, TB or Maytech or am I splitting hairs?

12s lipos, 16/40 pulleys, 110 mm urethanes.

I’m looking for a guide or thread where I can learn how to wire my 12s smart BMS (By Apex) to my NESE 12s4p battery. Can any1 help?

I would slightly favor the TB ones over Maytech regular and strongly favor the TB ones over the Maytech sealed

The newest TB ones, they have changed

But also would like to hear others weigh in

2 Likes

This thread has tons of goodies

But a small number of the wiring diagrams have issues, so double-check

1 Like

Do MBS shockblocks for matrix II’s “Break In”

i feel like I have two setups that are the same. both pretensions completely backed out but one feels looser than the other.

one set is much more used. someone suggested that’s why.

1 Like

Have you tensioned the adjustment screws?