The battery builders club

Nvm I’m going back to smoking my weed.

Sorry, i don’t see why that is the most proper way

Same cell type maybe, but size makes no difference

3 Likes

more that it is better than putting a 10S2P in the board and through a long possibly sketchy cable running to a 10S10 up top, is the opposite extreme example of the advice I was trying to give.

When I make packs for this I also try to encourage making sure 1 pack can handle the entire current requirement of the ESC alone, just incase. That would warrant similar size on both in some cases

2 Likes

So, I definitely want to keep the same voltage. Let’s say I have a 18s6p in my enclosure and want a few extra miles, could I use a 18s4p on top or should I keep it as 18s6p in both batteries?

1 Like

4P vs 6P sounds fine. I wouldn’t do like a 1P pack on top for example.

2 Likes

Anyone have rough dimensions on a 12s4p 21700 brick pack?
(I can do the cell dim math, but not sure how much to add for fishpaper, balance wires, etc etc)

1 Like

I can’t help but wanted to understand what you are asking about, A Brick pack pack is with the cells standing? Like when you put them in pelican case?

Exactly. i.e.:

6 Likes

Is there a store in the US that sells replacement probes for malectics? Are there more durable alternatives than what it comes.with?

1 Like

Ok new fuck up…
I was going through my welds re-welding them all to avoid anymore issue.

Go to that one cell and just after the weld, it started leaking some kind of liquid. What is that? I recon that must be a bad thing right?

I am running the malectric at 35ms and that must be the hundredth weld today.

Why didn’t it catch fire yet? I am kind of afraid to handle it.

6 Likes

What does it smell like?

4 Likes

Sunshine, rainbows, and a sprinkle of “please leave that cell alone now”.

5 Likes

I dont know, didn’t even think that I should take a sniff. I’ll go check. Wait up.

1 Like

Bruh, u been havin some shitty luck w your batteries…

3 Likes

I know, right… damn if I had a choice I wouldn’t DIY that shit. I’d love to know what went wrong with that one so i can prevent it from happening again :sweat:

I don’t think it smells anything. I don’t know maybe a bit like solder 🤷

Yeah I think that’s safer lol

1 Like

Probes too sharp maybe???

1 Like

Weird. The only time i’ve had a cell ooze it had a very distinctive smell.

Perhaps @Battery_Mooch may be able to comment

3 Likes

What is it supposed to smell like? It might be my shop smell covers the cells’.

1 Like

What I’ve heard is it’s supposed be a somewhat sweet smell.

2 Likes