The battery builders club

Lol did you just find that channel?

Someone started a thread on it earlier today

1 Like

My final solution for my big power bank was to just not use 1s.
I went with 6s, and used USB outlets designed for cars and ATVs that can handle up to 24v nominal (28v max) input like these ones:
https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Waterproof-Delivery-Voltmeter-Motorcycle/dp/B07NV9D61R
https://www.amazon.com/Outlet-Charge-Charger-3-Port-Compatible/dp/B08LKZ1H92

The higher voltage means that you get 6x more energy into the pack at a given charge rate - a 1A charger is 25 watts, instead of 4.
Also it means the chargers can output more power - The one I have can do USB-PD and QC3.0 up to like 60 watts or something, so it could charge a laptop or tablet much faster than a 5v-only charger.

1 Like

I just watched it, love this guy’s videos.

he just LARGELY stepped up the battery building game :exploding_head:
also did you seen the apex bms ? hehe

4 Likes

Looks like a generic smart BMS to me - I think I used one just like it from aliexpress a few years ago.

3 Likes

yeah it’s a generic bms but sold by someone on the forum wich is kinda nice to see :slight_smile:

4 Likes

True.

I’m so happy for @Lee_Wright for having the forethought to put his sticker on the BMS before selling them.

1 Like

not like other builders here do the same :see_no_evil: hopefully one day he and others will be able to make their own BMS

It’s an LLT - we aren’t trying to hide it :joy:

5 Likes

Thats a great video

1 Like

Isopropyl alcohol would be fine to clean off cells right?

1 Like

Try to get a high concentration so you don’t have to worry about water rusting anything.

I have 99.9% in a spray bottle, ready to clean any surfaces off. If I touch nickel a lot while cutting it to shape I will wipe them off. If I don’t, I can see smoke of skin oils burning off when welding. It also helps cleaning up flux that splatters.

1 Like

anyone know??

A search should turn up a bunch of recommendations as I remember several people posting with their thoughts on the ones they use.

2 Likes

Cool, good to know.

I’ve got 99.9% on hand already from cleaning computer parts :grinning:

1 Like

tried but couldnt really find anything

i seem to remember in the past @skyart recommending some

Found these in a few seconds. They have links, pictures, or a product name to search for.

4 Likes

No looks IT IS thay just buy them and stock then in the uk. Just like 99% of stuff you buy from a shop. Tho the QR code is a idea from a forum member thay incorporated to get the wiring diagrams.

1 Like

Hey fellas just wanna make sure I’m correct here before finalizing my bms wiring. The LLT smart bms has 2 each of B- and C- traces. I believe based on the diagram provided by the manufacturer that for a charge only circuit the main neg terminal goes into the bottom B- and then is attached on the other side to the bottom C- (as below) which would then terminate in an xt30 along w the wire from main pos terminal for the charge port to attach to. The other 2 traces are for discharge. Is this correct?

Both terminals are the same, they are directly connected i believe. brb checking with multimeter.

Edit: Yes they are. Doesn’t matter where you connect to, upper or lower.

2 Likes