The battery builders club

Cheers @Skyart

1 Like

Absolute madlad :joy:

2 Likes

Do you ever have problems with your corner chompers? Mine are cutting weird. Sometimes it leaves the corner hanging on by a little bit or sometimes just folds the nickel down into the mechanism.

2 Likes

Haven’t had any issues with mine but probably only chomped like 1000 corners so far

2 Likes

@linny

Can you show the corner cutters we’re sharing? You still like them, right?

1 Like

no issues on square ends, but definitely issues on triangular ends like you’d find on nickel cut for offset stacks.

sometimes it leaves a hanging bit but not often.

1 Like

Yea my 2 months old corner chomper leaves edges like this:

Sometimes and it’s quite annoying. I usually cut them off and the round it off with a file to not leave any sharp edges.

1 Like

Maybe that corner of the cutting surface is marred, maybe a small diamond file would fix it up

1 Like

@JoeyZ5 so @skyart showed us these and of course i have to buy some.

3 Likes

$45 bucks gawd dayum

They’re probably worth it though so I’ll add them to the shopping list.

1 Like

My corner chompers have the same problem as yours on the 1/4" side, so I cut on the 1/2" side with the nickel away from the fence a little. It’s tedious and defeats the purpose of this specialized tool but I don’t think they were designed for cutting nickel.

Yeah I find this happens if I push the nickel piece in too far, have to back off just slightly or it will be passed the cutting edges and not be fully chomped off.

1 Like

Am I wrong here, guys? Appreciate input.

1 Like

Nah, I think you’re pretty spot on.

They’re not up to ZachTetra standards for sure, but they’re not immediately hazardous to look at wrong.
Still wouldn’t pay anywhere near that price for them.

1 Like

These are the ones Bill got that is with me now, these cut great. My hand strength sucks so it gets sore after 40 ish presses

5 Likes

Looks a lot like a unit I have been considering:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0048W0MQI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_pateGbG1T7FSR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

SG$ 20.61 8%OFF | R3/R5/R10 Corner Hole Punch Corner Rounder Punch Cutter for PVC Card, Tag, Photo; Heavy Duty Clipper Approx 1/8", 1/5", 2/5 inch

2 Likes

what size is the best for this? 1/5?

Jesus Christ if there is one thing worse than the imperial system in general, its fifths of a fucking inch.

10 Likes

Lol yeah, I prefer to do things in thou anyway.
It’s actually 3/5/10mm, but I guess they’re trying to make it relatable to us foot fetishists.

1 Like