Yes, dude. New battery pack is comming :smiley:

1 Like

how many cells is that?

1130pcs, not all mine :wink: not wraped, but great price

1 Like

wow thats a lot of batteries
11s100p?

2 Likes

Would like to dispose the balance wires as best as possible as so the wires don’t cross each other, at least the minimum possible.

Ended up with this layout due to enclosure constraints:

What would you guys advise me as a good layout for the balance leads?

1 Like

Just trying some test welds how do these look?

1 Like

Maybe a touch cold but not bad, try ripping the nickel off and see how much sticks

2 Likes

Thanks, the Nickle seems to be ripping and staying on the cell so I feel that it good. Would you suggest I use a higher pulse rate?

What causes it to be cold ?

If you get 6 little spikes left behind on the cell then you are good, if it comes of cleanly then you’d need to bump the pulse time a bit (or the joules per weld), and try to keep the battery at a higher state of charge so it can do more current

1 Like

Great thanks Yh so this is the aim

Yup that’s good, if you can reuse nickel after the welds then the welds are not strong, removing the nickel should turn it into ribbons or swiss cheese

4 Likes

Haha thank gotcha.

Shortened the DRI 8P nickel plates to 6P.
Should I go with two strips or one strip for the second layer of 0.2mm I didn’t originally plan on doubling up so don’t have any spare 8P plates.

1 Like

What cells are they and how many battery amps do you think you will pull?

1 Like

P42A cells for 12s6P and I was going to limit it to 75A as I’m using unities.

That single layer tab is good for 70A roughly, you can double the current through it but it will be hot, I wouldn’t pull more than 105A if you can help it

2 Likes

Yh think that will be fine then, using 4WD DD with pneumatics and with the unitys wouldnt go over 80A so hopefully should be fine right ?

1 Like

It will be fine. I’ve ran 4wd DDs on a battery built with single layer nickel and I’ve pulled 225 amps from the battery. You will be good

4 Likes