The battery builders club

Let the poison out. We’re here for you.

2 Likes

And to think I respected you.

jk, but seriously imperial can huff my shorts

2 Likes

I just wanted to bring this up again because I was going through my pics and re-discovered this, and remembered how cool and useful it is.

If you are cleaning your flux off your solder joints and want to make sure you got all of it, some flux lights up under a black light.

7 Likes

anyone know other then @BenjaminF is there anywhere in the eu which sells precut nickel tabs? would be life about 70% easier

otherwise anyone interested in a group buy of precut nickel tabs from @BenjaminF

1 Like

5 Likes

Im guessing that stuff covering the solder spots is urethane conformal coating but haven’t used it before, can anyone more confidently identify those yellowish blots? They’re kinda crunchy when removed and well adhered.

1 Like

Could also be hot glue

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking too. I’m not entirely sure if conformal coating would glob/drip like that

Maybe it’s a different type of glue than I’m used to because it cracks when removed like a resin.

Could be an epoxy?

1 Like

Oh my god…I have never thought of this! That fixes 90% of my Malectrics welding problems!

Thank you so much. Kind, kind, human being, thank you so damn much. :pray:

6 Likes

Totally separate, but I’ve stopped using the Corner Chompers on my nickel. I realized I left my sander set up all the time so I just use the vertical sanding disc to round corners. Takes half a second per corner after a bit of practice.

6 Likes

So gooooooood :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
ERIKA: Im dreammming of a white plug in construction from aluminium for such kinda packs. Promblem WILL be they will rattle somehow…Im just dreaming
:ninja: :zauberstab: :unicorn: :zap: :zap: :skateboard: :space_invader: :ghost: :left_speech_bubble: :left_speech_bubble:

1 Like

Anyone know if you can attach welding pens to a Sunkko 788H?

prob a real stupid question but do the balance leads on a bms need to be in the order of the pack? or in theory could any lead go to any p group?

They VERY much need to be in the appropriate order

8 Likes

Missed this earlier. NOICE.

2 Likes

i see but why is this
if they are just measuring each group then shouldnt they eb able to go to any group?

Because if you mess up the order then it doesn’t know the total voltage (B0 and B13 need to be in the right order and place) so it can’t charge, if B0 is in the wrong spot it will short out on the B- line and melt, and if the balance order is wrong then it will trip all the voltage errors because it would be way too high or low

Worst case it just melts the whole BMS as all the parallel groups short out

1 Like