The battery builders club

For real though I popped a bms one time way back at the beginning when I plugged the wrong lipo into the wrong balance wire set, and it was frightening lol

Fortunately I pulled it out quickly but the bms was still dead

6 Likes

Yeah a BMS is pretty delicate, it’s not hard to fry them

1 Like

didnt do it just was wondering

also @ShutterShock that is def a violation of my privacy

also @skyart and @glyphiks

lets go half done desoldered and started resoldering then gotta put all the kapton and etc back on and also balance leads
will be a long night

2 Likes

blame @BigBen lmaoo

I’ll remove it if you actually care though

3 Likes

no dont was joking

window straight in front first floor is my old bedroom

1 Like

Lmao pretty funny

1 Like

disconnect the balance connector from the BMS, before you solder and desolder to the groups.

4 Likes

DO NOT CUT WITH TIN SNIPS AT ONCE…made that mistake once and its a no no

3 Likes

yeah thanks will do

yep heard that mutiple times before
one at a time

yay finished soldering and still measuring 42.7v

surprisingly the pack was actually really not that hard to do

now gotta work out where 10 balance leads go and protect the whole thing
woohoo fun day ahead

3 Likes

:joy:
I don’t believe you are asking this now after just trying to sell the battery you made.

If I were you I’d be wearing safety goggles and stuff when you’re working on batteries.
And not in the house.

(Full disclosure - like I did when I made my first esk8 (while drinking) and blew up a lipo in my garage - burning lipo bits flying everywhere :joy: )

Take it easy. Safety first.

10 Likes

no the question wasnt so much can you. as i knew that nobody does. was more just thinking the reason why?

Maybe he didn’t get that far lmao

1 Like

Because it measures voltage across each p group.

For it to do that it needs to connect to the ends of each group. To measure across that group.

Those connections need to be in order so it is only trying to measure across one group each time.

You can easily check this with your meter after it’s wired up by measuring between each pin on the plug (before plugging it into bms)

1 Like

yeah thanks
that was all and thank you

1 Like

Where did these mystery cells come from? Find out on this episode of “Inspector Duck and Constable Google’s Wild and Wacky Adventures Into Conspiracy Theories!”

3 Likes

iirc it was the dots at the bottom from tesla’s laser welding process process to attach the cell level fuses to them

1 Like

Anyone know where to get a 15s non-smart BMS? I might be able to contact DALY. Does shorting the last two pins on a 16s DALY work like it does on a smart BMS to make 15s?

1 Like

I will be stocking some non-standard voltage Daly BMS’s soon :slight_smile:

If you havent already, check out this poll on my vendor thread to let me know what voltage you would like me to stock!

1 Like

so i finished re assembling my pack and it fits enclosure fine
measured 42.6v which seems fine but then i opened the bms app and got this

what could cause it? and is this pack screwed?