[EU, POLAND] 12 packs of 4x Samsung INR18650-25R 2500 mAh 25A packets

12 packs of 4x Samsung INR18650-25R 2500 mAh 25A

• hot-glued together
  • with barley paper (fish paper) stickers to prevent nickel shorting
  • spot welded with 4 stripes of nickel
  • 6 welds per point of contact (i.e. 12 per cell)
  • stuck into two layers heat shrink with thick polypropylene strips on the sides to exclude the possibility of nickel rubbing through the insulation and shorting
  • neoprene strips as padding
  • with 10 AWG wires on each side
  • welded by a professional welding service

Measured by how much use li-ion batteries usually go through, I’d say these are almost new. I’ve charged the entire pack of 12s4p maybe 10 times in total, always with a BMS, so always balanced.

Price (USD): EUR 25 each (or what you offer, if it agrees with my not very high expectations)

Images

2 Likes

Since you’re asking: it is 100% pure nickel indeed.

Shipping Europewide, with the exception of Brexit countries.

2 Likes

Huh that’s 6.25€/cell including all the extras (nickel, wire, glue…) and barely used but used anyway, seems pretty steep to me for 25R!

Anyway wish you fair sales

6 Likes

Im going to go out on a limb here and say these aren’t welded by a professional spot welding company as the top layer of nickel is missing a corner from a weld blow-out and whats remaining of the corner is incredibly sharp and positioned off-center from the positive battery tab…

7 Likes

It is not missingw a corner there - it only looks like it on the picture. I had the same doubt brought up in the previous thread but checked and it’l wasn’t the case. The packs were made by a professional.

But thanks for the wishes :slight_smile:

1 Like

No disrespect, but this does not appear to be the case. The welds are well below the average hobby builder standard here.

11 Likes

I would agree, the individual may have been “professional” but they aren’t really up to our standards. Our professionals here round their nickel corners and you’d see a bit higher build quality overall

Also 25r cells are kinda old now, only good for weak chinese escs with low amp draw imo

4 Likes

Thx for the input guys, I had no idea actually, been out of the hobby for a few years now.

3 Likes

Anytime, I would just say that it may be a hard sell at any price. But glws anyway

4 Likes

I agree with most of the stuff said above.
Judging them as DIY packs, other than a couple cut corners (such as the corners not being cut :stuck_out_tongue: ) they are at least “okay”. Nothing spectacular, but not an immediate fire hazard.

I would be a little wary of trying to pull a lot of current from them, because the main high-current connection is on one side rather than in the middle, which would mean asymmetrical current and heating in the nickel.

The fact that they used very narrow nickel and then tried to compensate by doubling up also makes me a little wary.

These would probably be fine in a scooter or light ebike, but not in an esk8 IMO.

6 Likes

Can I ask when these packs were built?

1 Like

It was 3 or 4y ago, I haven’t got the email exchange with the company and don’t remember the name, but they were building battery packs for electrical bikes.

2 Likes

3 SOLD. 9 left.

All cells sold, plz close the topic.