The battery builders club

I made a 12s3p out of those $.99 hg6. Really nice. No sag great short trip pack.

2 Likes

Does anyone have an extra 12s d140?
I would gladly take it :upside_down_face:

Pics or it didnā€™t happen

4 Likes

Ha, I actually didnt take pics this time. Third pack so figured i was good on this one. Have to ride some time. Has great torque even with 6355ā€™s and my small body.

1 Like

Actually yes you can and it works pretty damned well if youā€™re stuck doing that.

1 Like

We are using the wrong solder. Apparently you can solder, braze, and weld stainless to copper. A very cool article from a group of guys into DIYā€™ing alcohol in the basement :heart:
@Arzamenable @M.Hboards

https://learntomoonshine.com/how-to-solder-braze-and-weld-stainless-steel-to-copper

How To Solder Stainless Steel To Copper

If you choose to solder your components together a common plumbing solder containing 95% Tin 5% Antimony will do the job just fine. You can also use Lincon Electric Solder Stay-Bright Kit With Flux that is 95% Tin and 5% Silver for better results. Both solders will have a melting point of 230Ā°C /450Ā°F and can be heated with a simple propane or Mapp gas torch. You will need to thoroughly clean both pieces and apply a coating of flux to all surfaces to be soldered.

2 Likes

This feels all wrong

14 Likes

haha, what, you afraid of a little sparkle sparkle?

A regular soldering iron gets to 450, no problem. A good one more, prolly.
That donkey-kong soldering dildo you have prolly goes to a thousand degrees, lol

2 Likes

A little razzle dazzle? Ok, I see your angle.

doing up that 12s8p as we speak

these used cells that @Dog is selling are actually testing out to have totally decent capacity, if you can live with the sag. Higher p groups required. perfect for a charge n ride.

edit:
Iā€™m getting over 14 amp-hours on the 8p groups from 3.57v to 4.05v

4 Likes

Come take my spotwelder. I donā€™t work till next PM

1 Like

Also, I have A second ride and charge enclosure you can have

Which nickel you want to weld with it @Skyart ?
It can weld only nickel which is below 0.12mm and thatā€™s already very thin.

1 Like

What do you mean? I weld .2 all the time

This one I mean.

1 Like

Have not ordered yet

What I meant to say is that I donā€™t understand why you want to buy a spot welder which canā€™t weld proper nickel.

1 Like

For science Andy!

2 Likes

Ok okā€¦ seems like Iā€™m the only one with limited budget :rofl::joy:

6 Likes

Nah, youā€™re not alone. I donā€™t have money to burn on shit unless I think it holds some sort of value either.

4 Likes