The battery builders club

I think this is how I get my toes wet in fiberglass work :thinking: good tip!

3 Likes

Online Plastic Supply G10 FR4ā€¦ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTDRHRR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

3 Likes

This stuff was so damn hard to find. I didnā€™t know what it was called and just stumbled through search after search. I should have just asked yā€™all.

Btw, Iā€™ve bought this sheet before.

1 Like

I had a worn out build surface on my 3d printer. I used that

I know about your resin adventures Kenny, believe me, wet resin is not something ypu want on your toesā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, the seller switched shippers or reshipped your item. You still might get it. lol

1 Like

DUDE, exCT SAME thing is happening with me with my nickel roll!! Did you order from Steel City Store? Iā€™ve messaged them multiple times with no response. Put my order in on 4/16 :man_shrugging:

@whaddys Iā€™ve ordered nickel from a seller that had the same listing picture as Steel city store (I think the stores may be connected). It took forever for it to arrive and they switched the shipping method and tracking number 2 weeks after I ordered. The worst party is it wasnā€™t even real nickel. It didnā€™t rust in salt water but it sparked like nuts when I took a cutoff wheel to it.

3 Likes

Nah itā€™s not from there, I ordered straight from a link someone had posted earlier in this chat after they confirmed it was real.

You still havenā€™t gotten it yet??

Hopefullyā€¦ Otherwise itā€™s kinda annoying lol I have to find a new seller or use Amazon for a higher price

In hindsight I donā€™t know why I ordered such a small quantity of the ringsā€¦ I think I might have been looking at a 100 sheet and thought this was the same thing

oh really? I think @iamasalmon bought that nickel and he said it was legit?

2 Likes

Yeah, @M.Hboards, @whaddys something fishy hereā€¦ something similar is going on with my order now.
They canceled shipping, then its some other tracking numberā€¦ whelpā€¦ I guess Iā€™m lucky to get legit nickel again or get my $35 dollars back on this one. :fire:

So after they killed this order the first time, I put an order in with Fogstar. They TEST their nickel and have a reputation to loose, so I bet they work hard to not let fake nickel out the door. Customer service has been very responsive to me so far.

Having someone certify the nickel and ship it fast is huge. It has always been my fear that I would have to wait a month and a half for fake nickel. I hope this Fogstar thing works out.

2 Likes

Not to insult your intelligence, but you roughed it up first then put in water?

How is this possible?

1 Like

I have heard of stainless steel being passed off as nickelā€¦
wonā€™t rust in saltwater, good luck soldering with it (edited)

2 Likes

I donā€™t do water tests, just the grinder spark test.

Yes. I left it in there for weeks. Itā€™s defiantly not normal behavior. I think @longhairedboy had a similar issue with a roll of 25 mm nickel that he bought. Maybe itā€™s stainless steel?

ā€¦ did it weld?

1 Like

Yes. It surprisingly was super easy to weld and the welds on it were craze strong.

found it
it was @longhairedboy

wtf? hahahaha

3 Likes

@Arzamenable although it welded great it was impossible to solder to.

ā€¦ but you can always spot weld real nickel with a dab of solder on it?

Edit, nvm, the ampacity