The battery builders club

:slight_smile::slight_smile:

10chars

Lol

Ownboard battery repair using LG HG2 from batteryclearing house. I had posted an unfair story on insta about the cells. I read the vendor thread. He brought up the important point, 3 bad out of 100 ain’t bad for the price. Indeed, there is no free lunch.

The culprit? After some crashes and rough handling from the owner, the pack slammed to the rear, almost shearing the bms sink of the top. It was causing intermittent power cuts. The bms is a 35a discharge bms.

For the record, I do not like this side routing of balance leads. Short of a pcb battery kit (like the kind @DerelictRobot is selling) there isn’t any other way.

9 Likes

What about giving each probe 2 x 8awg leads?

2 Likes

Did you pin the JST yourself? Those wires look really small, tho it might just be the pic. I ordered pre wires ones of ebay and the wire was like 6 strands. Got warm at 2A. I order them apart with pins separate now to use proper gauge wire.

FFFFFF why does it have to be like this…

1 Like

That would work too. Or doubling/tripling up with 10AWG. It doesn’t matter how mant conductors, as long as there’s lots of cross sectional area.

It just gets kinda ridiculous at some point.

1 Like

I’ve been using it for all my boards, they are fine at 2A, it’s 22 awg silicone wire

1 Like

Im going to build a 12s6p with these cells in this type of config, where can I get real nickel that looks like my pattern? Im located in EU (SWE). Will one layer of 0,2mm be enough?

hey, i need a tip in a new battery build using the Samsung 40T s in a 12s2P build running dual 6374 in FB Unity. can i use 10mmx0.15 nickel strips like in this previous build or do i need more nickel ?

!

Ehh, it’s not great (I mean I’m using it but not recommending it if you have other options)

Ok thanx , what do you recommend ?

Thicker is better, 25x0.2 if you can and then you don’t need to use multiple pieces

Thx dude, ordered from Nkon now :wink:

1 Like

13s6p 30q broken into 6s and 7s packs so I can charge independently with my balance charger. Nearly all.of the in board looms are made, just need to make a balance port.

This one has been a journey :rofl:

11 Likes

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32864017472.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.74764c4de86NN1

I used this and cut it to shape for a similar battery. I got legit nickel in like a month. It’s thiiccc, nice and beefy. The same vendor offers .15 x 25mm, which I also have on order…

This nickel is also an answer to this question:

(MOAR)

Don’t forget Fogstar Wholesale is still doing £1.00/meter nickel in all their sizes (they have .15x25 and .2x25). Shipping to the US is cheap.

edit: @filipandre is in Sweden, but I imagine they ship there as well?

5 Likes

Nice! I went to check this out and I could not find nickel on their website…?
I’m ashamed to have to ask for a link :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fogstar wholesale?
Look there

2 Likes

haha, yeap, there it is, Fogstar Wholesale nickel

edit: buying nickel now, seems cheaper than china? wooo hoo?

1 Like