The battery builders club

Does the £60.00 min apply for the nickel?

Yep.

1 Like

Guess I won’t need nickel for the rest of the year then lol.

1 Like

just buy it together with the cells :smiley:

Unfortunately, not an option to me in the US.

2 Likes

Pick up some wraps, some insulator rings, and a charger or two (the USB ones, so you don’t have to mess w/ replacing a UK psu).

1 Like

oh im placing orders quite often there, send me a pm in a few days if you need a bunch of nickel i can ship it to you if it makes sense

1 Like

You may be able to do a smaller quantity if you email. I was able to do an invoice for £10 worth of nickel. Shipping was another £10 but still a great deal

5 Likes

Thanks for the offer @Acido but I took @RyEnd 's advice and stocked up on insulator and some wraps too with the loads of nickel, add in the £10 shipping I hit the min no problem that way.

4 Likes

Molicel p42a standard charge rate is 4a which is mental…?

1 Like

Has anyone here come across “sinc” branded 18650s?

Hi all, my DALY 12s BMS (common port) arrived today for my 2 6s Lipo batteries, and wanted to ask everyone if this wiring diagram is correct, before I burn my house down.

My current set up looks like the one below

And I would like to add the DALY through BYPASS in the following way

Any comments ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Won’t that contact be made through the series connection?

1 Like

actually, when thinking about it, you are right. thick wire for series connection between two lipos will make contact.

1 Like

Finishing touches being made on this lil 10s4p baby pack. It will be going on a Moonshine Sidekick in the @eBoosted single stack enclosure. Sleak and lightweight build.

8 Likes

Other than the “premium” spot welders like kWeld and etc I’ve been seeing more and more budget spot welders from china popping up.

There are some videos on youtube of different models but I’m not sure how they would performance for e-skate application, I feel like our welds needs to be better than average due to all the vibrations.

Has anyone from our community vetted any of those?

I’m talking about the options in the $20 to $40 range, some examples from banggood (you can find the same stuff at Aliexpress):

Power Source already included:

1 Like

All of these will vary wildly in consistency and reliability, and will be far below a kweld or malectrics. They’ll typically be limited to .15 or .2 nickel max. Whereas the two more premium welders can easily blow that nickel out (and weld thicker nickel, obv).

If you’re going slow, welding thinner nickel, and aren’t afraid of them popping and having to have a couple spares on hand… I suppose they are fine. The malectrics is less than $150 though, I thought.

Is that with the power solution? I thought the good stuff was in the $200 bracket if you didn’t have some stuff on hand (I have never even touched a lipo in my life, literally nothing on hand)

No. +$60-150 for a power supply. 6 or 9 of the SPIM08HP cells plus a balance charger for $60, or some 3S 60C+ lipos w/ >8000mah and balance charger for ~$150.

Or whatever you can get a car battery for.

1 Like

If not too late, I’d urge you to consider 25mm

I like this charger. 8 cells at a time, measures IR (not to be relied on), decent charge current. Can be had for cheap if you search.

http://www.miboxer.com/eng/p8.html

It might be more useful to have something that can do a capacity test, like this

https://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20LiitoKala%20Lii-500%20UK.html

That one is like $20, cheap build, on the edge of garbage, but seems to work, and you can buy a few if you’re actually capacity testing for a skate pack, so it doesn’t take like 3 months.

There are other more expensive options, but none of the commonly available stuff “smells” like quality. I have some Nitecore stuff, it feels on the same level as this stuff.

2 Likes