The battery builders club

I think I got real nickel too. Got it at https://liionwholesale.com/collections/nickel-strip-and-nickel-tabs/products/pure-nickel-strip-roll-0-15mm-0-2mm-thickness-6mm-10mm-widths?variant=31351278469189 (10mm wide at .2mm thick and 20ft long) for $10

about 2 days in salt water

6 Likes

how many did you get ?

I’m building a 6s 3p battery and was wondering if anyone has used https://www.repackr.com/#/ (or any packer website) for battery grouping and if it is really necessary.

Repackr is only necessary if you intend to mix cells of different ages or capacities.

Do Not Do This for esk8 packs. That tool is for building powerwalls and the like, which are huge, have a stupid number of cells in parallel, and are loaded at fractional-C levels.

4 Likes

Im not sure where to post this or how to start a new topic. Is there anyone out there who can build a boosted rev battery, or lead me in the right direction on how to build one? I can pay someone for guidance and or a battery.

2 Likes

I thought repackr was for preventing cell drift (the voltages of the cells are different like one is 3.9 and one is 4.0).

No, repackr is for creating P groups with matching capacity from cells with mismatched capacity.

You have to get all your cells to the same voltage the old fashioned way: Either charge the low ones, or discharge the high ones.

3 Likes

ok thank you

I mean, technically you could still measure the capacity of all your cells and run that through repackr, but given that all the cells used in an esk8 should be new and of matched type, they will all be identical to within a few mah, and repackr won’t really have anything to do to give you a perfectly matched pack.

It would just be a huge waste of time and effort.
Like measuring all the brand new lego pieces to make sure they will fit.

Yes I have done 13 batteries so far and they have all only varied about 30 mah. I also already had 12 cells and bought 6 more so I feel like this is something I should do.

1. Glad I didn’t buy 500
1 Like

Any recommendations for where to get pure nickel strips and cells?
Currently looking at IMR and liionwholesale.

Trying to get it shipped to Singapore for less than a leg but US would be fine too, i can use a forwarder.

Aliexpress? I’ve received good stuff that passed the salt water test

1 Like

I’ll probably get the nickel from the same place as the cells, aliexpress can be a hit or miss, especially for something important like nickel

Hey guys, first time posting.

Looking to build my first battery 12s3p 40T rigid pack. Friend has let me borrow his spot welder. Does this configuration look ok? I will be using 10mm 0.2 strips for parallel and series connections. Main series was looking at using 3 long strips nickel. Also have a range of different gauge wires if needed to beef anything up (currently brushing up my soldering skills)

Battery will be running 2x maytech 190kv motors. I have a flipsky 6.6 dual plus but may swap this out after reading some bad reviews.

Any help would be appreciated! I have plenty of time but would like to see some progress.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/industrial-automation-circular-connectors/1860433/

Someone the other day said the nickel they got from LiionWholesale was legit. They don’t sell it very big though.

1 Like

Yes I got some from LiionWholesale but I’m not 100 percent sure that its real nickle because I’m new to making batteries.

Just treat each triangle as it’s own series connection. 6 per column. Double the series connection, make sure the series goes all the way across each P group and consider soldering a little wire across. Max amps for that pack will be around 60-75.
Remember the max amps will travel through the series connections.