The battery builders club

Guessing any sparking is bad?

Do you know what pulses are as when use to 6 pulses they weld really well at low amps

Are they the small white charge only ones?
If you could check it it would be cool :smiley:

@ducktaperules thanks but those arrive quite fast from china :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sparking isn’t inherently bad, could just be a lack of pressure/contact, but it could also be bad nickel or other issues.

I don’t really know how the pulses work in real usage.

1 Like

These ones.

1 Like

They look cool, can i buy one or two off you?

Yep. I’ve got 2 here. Drop me a pm.

1 Like

Ok thanks do you by any chance have clear picture (zoomed in preferably) of what a weld should look like

If there are bits of burnt or dark in the weld is that ok

@Halbj613 did you test your nickel? Do you know if it’s pure?

2 Likes

dude.
all the answers to your questions have already been answered several times in this thread.
You said you have the patience not to blow up your house with this welder, but you didn’t even figure out what the settings on the machine mean before you started zapping.
I asked for pics earlier to give feedback before you started zapping on live cells, you didn’t, and now your practicing on new cells?
I’m trying to see past your spammy posts and help you but you’re not making it easy :joy:

7 Likes

K I was testing on the spare cells then did live

I have asked multiple questions in private threads about welding

Also the nickel is pure I scratched and salt watered it

I believe the welds I got were decent and good enough

Thanks for the help everybody

Still learning

Problem is this is different to the other spot welders as the settings work differently then kweld maletrics etc…

1 Like

You gotta do it by feel…there are no ‘right answers’ here…I usually have to run my 80% max power to get a okay weld and that took maybe a dozen welds to figure out, then I had to do it again for the other side of the cell and nickel to nickel

1 Like

Ah ok so gotta work out

I think you got a sunkko also in general we’re do you start for a good weld
How many pulses at how many amps?

11 Likes

Uhh pulse 14/18 and current 7.75/8…it’s not in units

1 Like

On mine it only has on the pulse settings 4/6/8

And current I don’t know if it is in amps but thnaks

Make your welds look like this. If you can pull all the nickel off but no nickel is left on the cell/bottom layer, increase power until it does. Should leave a little hole in the nickel once ripped off.

2 Likes

whats the copper braid on the nickel about?

Maybe flexy pack?

about tree-fiddy

7 Likes

Oh, Those are S series harnesses… I pre-solder those before I use them to connect P groups together, that way I don’t have to worry about heat traveling to cells… Just happened to be in the picture…

13 Likes