The battery builders club

How do you cut it?

You can usually score and break materials like this

1 Like

Looks pretty similar to acrylic no?

No, very different. It’s essentially the same fibrous material PCB’s are made from

2 Likes

Forgive me for being clueless, but does anyone know of a reputable battery builder in Houston, Texas (or anywhere nearby)?

Ive got an Ownboard Zeus Pro battery with the P42A cells, and im wanting to have the BMS bypassed for discharge, and just to have it inspected on if its properly made. Would be willing to pay a fair price for the work, I just dont trust myself with batteries lol.

1 Like
1 Like

Couldnt find anyone nearby enough to justify driving, was hoping someone here would know a guy haha.

Sorry bruh I’m wayyyy up north of you. If it’s a big issue u can ship the pack to a builder on the list close to you. Might not be much more money to commision a new pack. Alternatively, you can grab a lightly used pack here if u keep your ear to the ground.

This is why I learned how to build batteries bro. Production packs are so often garbage.

1 Like

I’d really rather just have this pack checked out, i’ll have a pack built in the future when i go for a larger 16S6P or something haha. If it’s not possible, nbd i’ll just limit the battery amps to 60A or so.

1 Like

Yes, this

is this ok for worke ?

Please do not use that thing :joy:

Get a decent spot welder like a kweld.

4 Likes

Or a malectrics

4 Likes

I just got a malectrics, any recommendations on a PSU or batteries for it? I’m thinking a car battery.

1 Like

Link to aliexpress pleace thx

Ali doesn’t seel Kwelds. What country r u in?

1 Like

Keenlab.de . Not AliExpress.

1 Like

Switzerland …

I search cheap dys thing.

1 Like

@Evwan beat me to it. That’s the link in the EU.