The battery builders club

appreciate it guys.

I shall open up the can of worms…

1 Like

I’m looking to have a pack made and I didn’t quite know where else to post so…

Looking for a 10s2p p42a pack for a loaded vanguard build.

Anyone willing to get paid to build a smaller battery lmk :man_shrugging:

I know this post is a long time go, but are theses 12s PCB boards still available?

Tried the name on the board but doesn’t look like they have much stock of most things and I couldn’t see the PCB.

2 Likes

They have a new home :kissing_heart:

Feel free to explore the rest of my webshop for all kinds of battery building materials and equipment :grin:

7 Likes

Nice one cheers I’ll have a look.

2 Likes

You may have better luck contacting battery builders in the US directly.

Check this list:

I’ve sent you a message pal.

2 Likes

Good choice

1 Like

Have you used the boards before?

I have. Although the pcb was cut in segments for a segmented pack.

Regardless that, @BenjaminF is a great choice. Great products, great service and a great guy. You didnt choose wrong.

2 Likes

I’ve got a 3 battery builds coming up 1 for an existing board and 2 for new boards.

Did you go higher than 4P?

12s12p

I just got a meaty LTT 15s 120a BMS, it’s got 3x 10awg leads going in and 3x going out, do I need to use all of them? Just using the one on the end would be preferable

There’s a copper bus bar on the inside but there’s 9mm of just PCB, looks about 2mm thick and the traces are 8mm wide

120 amps split between three conductors gives 40 amps each, which is pretty conservative compared to what most esk8 and RC folks use. I’d say you’ll be fine with a single wire.

The wire is gonna be fine, I’m gonna have a single 10awg anyways going into the ESC

More worried about melting the traces when it bottlenecks 100A, I have no idea if it’s a surface level trace or a 8x2mm block of copper

It’s a surface level trace, but it’s short and fat enough that it’ll be fine.

1 Like

Would love to see some of you folks more elaborate battery pack designs, ones where you’ve tried to utilise every last space in your enclosure in the pursuit of all that AH goodness.

1 Like

There have definitely been a couple interesting ones, @Skyart and @ZachTetra have done some that squeezed into space

They’re usually a huge pain lol

1 Like

Oh god its absolutely awful, you do the math and you’re like ‘this will work just fine’ and then you put it all together only to find out that there’s an extra 4mm of width on your battery for no reason at all and the enclosure is tapered at the bottom

Just don’t do it, leave a healthy amount of wiggle room unless you wanna cry for a solid few hours

However when it works its glorious, you feel very accomplished

4 Likes