The battery builders club

Just stick a volt meter on the balance Leeds befor and after charging ones in a blue moon EAXTRA CARE DONT SHORT ANY THING WITH PROBES you will know if you were not carful enough.

if you’re lucky all you’ll ruin are the probes.

1 Like

When you order plain fish paper and fish paper rings and you get pack heatshrink Ali express you frustrate me :weary:

3 Likes

And you underwear

3 Likes

Ups why making battery’s at 2am is not a good idea

3 Likes

Interesting video. Me thinks that the usual chart we see is far too conservative. I would personally feel very comfortable going 2-2.5x the ratings we see on the chart below.

Far too conservative IMHO

9 Likes

Thats a great video! Nice find!

4 Likes

So fist time I built a battery with the cells end to end. Series connections useing ringed 14mm by 1.5mm tinned copper braid. the intention was not to make a flexible pack but to eliminate any possible strain on the Nickle and create the lowest resistance connection possible this ended up been the equivalent/better than dule AWG8. Total overkill but with very little space lost aprox 5mm between cells. I had intended to run the balance Leeds to the solder in between the cells but after applying the fish paper Over the series connections it was no longer possible to get the soldering iron between the groups so I had to crudely attach them to the sides were I was trying to avoid any solder been.

My advise for any one going down a similar line is to add Nickle balance tabs like normal neat battery’s

13 Likes

What is this? It looks like meat and jelly… and is that cheese??? O_o

3 Likes

Stake cheese caramelised onion. Don’t want to be distracted by a rumbling tummy when playing with battery’s this powerful

7 Likes

Yeah battery tabs is the way to go.

You call that cheese?

I thought it was straight macaroni and you were overcompensating for your gayness.

3 Likes

Cell voltages checked and cell layout decided…

Damn that trampa looks nice with the 9inch wheels. Can’t wait to do a full discharge test on this battery :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m assembling my first battery pack, and I really REALLY don’t want to mess it up. Its a 10s4p with Samsung Q30, DieBieMS and made out of the NESE 4p modules. I’m confused about the balance wires where to insert them both battery side and on the DieBieMS (C1-CX and GND) Here is a picture of the pack and I also added the picture of the balance lead plug on the DieBieMS.
Would like confirmation if my series configuration is 100% correct I marked that in blue on the picture. (I am very anxious about blowing this up)

Also would like to know how to configure the DieBieMS software.

I have been reading through a few posts on both forums and they tend to get very messy and confusing to read through :confused:

4 Likes

Have you checked out the manual yet?

2 Likes

No, I didn’t know it was out yet. Ill give it a read! thanks.

1 Like

Carefull there, carbon fiber it is conductive…

1 Like

When using the monsterbox in a 2 x 6s configuration is there any particular XT90 port that is the designated charge port?

Doesnt the monster box have the xt90s labelled vesc and charge?

2 Likes

Na they are identical, the only difference between them is how the wires connect to the battery. I just ended up taking the gamble based on what I found in some of Trampas instructional videos. Currently charging away, just another 6 or so hours…

Plenty of time to look at a booster lol.

By the looks of it you have one of the earlya DieBieMS

GND-S1-(battery-)
C1=S1+
C2=S2+
C3=S3+
C4=S4+
C5=S5+
C6=S6+
C7=S7+
C8=S8+
C9=S9+
C10=S10+ (battery+)

The later gen DieBieMS were labelled a bit differently witch is were you confusion might be

C0- =S1-(battry-)
C0+=S1+
C1=S2+
C2=S3+
C3=S4+
C4=S5+
C5=S6+
C6=S7+
C7=S8+
C8=S9+
C9=S10+ (battry+)

Other things to think about are you adding Temperature sensors to you battry. (100kOhm at 25C Thermisteres are recommended type C)

I have no idea what a type C is if some one with more knolage can educate me be much Appreciated.

Do you want the VESC to be able to power up the battry (used for push to start) this involves a extra cable on the can been attached to the VESC 5v

Do you want a button to power up
(Personally I shorted out the Unity button so Unity was Permanently on and used the DieBieMS anti spark)

Do you want a Sreen on the board
Simple conect like dot to dot just follow the labels (hint there not in the same order)

2 Likes