SPEEDBOARD - $23k on Kickstarter in one day

Letā€™s not forget Trampa. While they did not do what Lacroix did they consistently sell boards both complete and as partials for the diy community. And Iā€™d say they make a pretty penny doing so

5 Likes

@speedboard I would defenitely go for a deal like this! It would be a fun project to install my own components :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can you share some numbers? Maybe even metr logs or overlay videos?

Okay, nice, did you treat the horizontal surfaces?

Well, but the horizontal forces have a much bigger area, so the pressure should be around the same range.

I would too.

Essentially remove the other components cost would be fair.

I think a rolling chasis at around $750 or so would be pretty damn dope.

And would get some more exposure for the product.

I would fuck with one like this to be sure. Skin and frit the deck. Make it all hott AF, and try out a different take on this game we are all playing.

Limit the sales to people here on the forum. Get the concept into the right hands.

18 Likes

Small batch of super dope DIY buildsā€¦

14 Likes

Not encouraging you to use minimal nickel, but this is an interesting video, would be easy for you to test for what is an optimal amount of nickel :+1:

I am no electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination. However, many of these amp rating are super conservative.

The ratings are also over a much longer run than the mere inches we are running in our buildsā€¦

Just something to keep in mind. They can handle more than the numbers give them credit for.

7 Likes

This is so very true. I once binned a Brand spanking Honda Blackbird on a patch of diesel in a service station because of a stupid dual braking system activating the front brake. I was on a test ride lol

6 Likes

Hey guys & girls, I just created a free battery upgrade tier for Kickstarter, with 3000 mAh cells in place of the standard 2100 mAh cells. This is a 43% bump, will increase range to 23-34 miles.

9 Likes

Haha you moved fast after that Saturday ridešŸ¤£ nice jobšŸ”„

6 Likes

Those hills in SF are no joke, especially at my current 190 lbs! The extra 43% capacity should make a huge difference.

I really wanted to keep each pack under 100 Wh to bring them all on a plane, but even now I can take two of the new 140 Wh packs on a plane and fly with the board, just have to lower the battery amps & regen amps by half. Or just have my travel partner carry the other two on herselfā€¦ Thanks MC!!

8 Likes

Really like the idea and the realization. One big Motor, one single esc, much space for power on a chain. Awesome!
It cant get any better! And there is still much more room for some more experiments with this construction! :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I was just looking around if someone managed to build one DIY and i found several projects from different people going back to 2016.

Are they all related to the Kickstarter or did speedboard not really invent this thing?

12 Likes

Haha these looks so much nicer then my current drawings :sweat_smile:

Gave me some inspiration tho! thanks!

1 Like

I donā€™t think speedboard claim to invent this design, they are just making it avalable to the masses.
Additionally they have added new design elements to the steering geometry which are not present on these earlier examples.

6 Likes

What Iā€™d like to see, swing arm type suspension and bindings, then letā€™s take these things to the motox course.

4 Likes

Seems not too hard to diy as well

8 Likes

I think there needs to be some guard between the spring and foot.

2 Likes

@speedboard, any chance youā€™d sell just the front steering mechanism? Small, easy to shipā€¦
I can build the rest. Ive found the rims, tires, gear.
I already have motors, esc, battery, remote.
Come on man!!!

7 Likes

Discobot will design you front end. Testing underway

7 Likes