The Ambassador | Landyachtz Switchblade 40" | Kahua trucks and mounts| Flipsky 6374 | 30q 12s5p| Unity

Also, Kauhas vs BN trucks, which one is better quality?

1 Like

For Kahuas, let’s just say they’re built 4x stronger than what we use them for

2 Likes

Wheels are meant to be good and they come from sickboards so its safe to order

kahuas are very strong and have a 12-8mm axle but that makes it difficult when finding pulleys.

You could just use bolt on pulleys though, save some money there.

2 Likes

The equivalent Maytech 6374s from electricboardsolutions adds up to around 25usd extra for the pair, compared to the eskating.eu equivalents. Which one would you go for?

If I go for the Kauhas, I’d purchase purpose made pulley sets from Haggys as well.

1 Like

Here’s how a pair of Kahuas will look like on a board, here’s one of my builds

3 Likes

They look very cool! Also, the decal is a major plus;)

1 Like

Youd pay a little extra with kahuas

2 Likes

It’s better than everyone. I ordered Sunday evening, got an email Monday morning with a question, and shipped later that day.

3 Likes

Yes, thank you, especially that with customs and more expensive shipping its 244$total, compared to 212$ for the boardnamics. The question is, should I?

Thank you, sounds amazing.

1 Like

IMHO, yes.

2 Likes

Get your motors from haggy too then

Also dont forget you are still riding a longboard. The feel is everything

You already have a top quality deck you should get some nice trucks too

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, I try to buy all my motors second hand nowadays, because it’s just so much cheaper than new.

But if I were you, I’d get in on the Flipsky 6374 groupbuy that’s happening:

P.S. nexusboards.co.uk has Boa wheels as well, but way cheaper than sickboards. People seem to like them; I haven’t tested the set I bought yet tho.

P.P.S. When I bought from Haggy I only had to pay a few $ in import fees :wink:

P.P.P.S. I hope you’re aware Switchblade decks get wheelbite unless top mounted / extended mounting holes / DKP trucks / small wheels.

3 Likes

It is decided then. I think I’ll post a WTB, maybe someone has a pair in the EU.

1 Like

-Aren’t the flipskys unreliable? There were quite a few posts about them breaking or being DOA:

-Thanks, I’ll read up on the boas a bit more.

-Depends a lot on where do you live. I’m a resident of Hungary, customs can charge between 27%-40% markup on anything from outside the Eu.

These new ones seem promising to me. Depends if you plan to reverse mount your motors or not. If there’s no chance of pebbles / debris hitting them, I would use them.

Idk how your customs system works, but back in the day in LV they would believe whatever the seller wrote on the package, which is how I got away paying close to nothing.

1 Like

I would get them from Haggy too, but after customs they cost 330$, more expensive than Maytechs. BTW, Maytechs for 307$ or eskate.eu maytech rebrands for 274$?

This sounds promising, especially considering the 60$ pricepoint, a third (!) of Maytechs. Which mounting method would you recommend to avoid damaging the motors?

Reverse, so that the motors are higher from the ground, and have 0 chance of hitting curbs. Problem is you can’t jump down curbs then (not that you’d want to on a switchblade deck), and the tail of the deck might get in the way of motors. I have a non-standard solution for this problem in mind, but I can’t recommend it until I test it myself.