Spiral Bevel Gears Drive

@MorrisHsu thanks for the update, getting super excited.

so, apologies if i missed it, but are we mounting these up to caliber hangars?

i know last time you were looking into sourcing a set of surfrodz rkp to build the mount for it.

i can work with either.

1 Like

Lovely shiny things, paid for long enough ago to make 'em feel like they are free gifts :love_you_gesture:

Who’s doing 63100 hooters? muahahah

5 Likes

I think Sofu made the point that there’s a limit to the can size because of mounting access.

2 Likes

I’m turning this around and around in my head & can’t see how you didn’t phrase this just so on purpose. Masterful work as always

maybe something like

2 Likes

From above:

1 Like

Definitely cool if you can find a solution, though.

Maybe 63100 does not have the same issue with access as 6880 :man_shrugging:

Also swapping to hex head instead of allen head bolts - enough room for a spanner instead of an Allen tool may allow for 6880, again :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The issue with 63100 was the shaft size. The ones available do not come with 8mm keyed shafts.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, it can only be installed on the caliber hangars.
I am designing a surfrodz rkp mounting and I have encountered some problems, which can not be updated as expected.I want to install directly using surfrodz rkp without changing the appearance of the gearbox.
I will continue to make the surfrodz rkp mounting.

2 Likes

You are in fine form today. Double lol.

1 Like

No problem, the surfrodz rkp being asymmetrical probably makes things difficult.

Caliber trucks are good too.

Looking forward to it.

1 Like

A fairly simple machining process, APS offer that service in fact…sure it may be a wait

Saite told me it would cost an extra $90. Not sure if this was for one or all 3.

Could be worthwhile to just have a machinist make the shafts for you and manually swap them out if you need to do it for enough motors.

APS motors are kinda like Saite afaik, may even be the supplier , you can do this if you buy from APS

Yeah but I heard bad things about APS and good things about Saite so :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

They look pretty similar visually, it’s a difficult thing to be a scientific about because it’s impossible to break down damage in a scientific way, in terms of each individual’s running conditions- heat/mileage/knocks/debris etc.

Certainly hardening the motors make sense with the frequent magnet loss we’ve seen here.

Esk8 go hard motor-wise

These?

Must be these

1 Like

Any more updates? I’m super excited to get.mine!

1 Like

Sorry for updating too late
I received a new gear yesterday and will ship next week.
Later, I will add photo update progress on this thread.

8 Likes

Awsome man! Can’t wait!

1 Like

updating…
All parts are now ready
This week will be fully shipped.

30 Likes