Spiral Bevel Gears Drive

yes. these are geared 2:1 so you need much lower KV motors especially if you are using big wheels.

1 Like

Bummer but thanks for the reply! Maybe I need to get in on that group buy :wink:

Will these drives work with 6880 maytechs? I am assuming yes because they have 63mm motor mounting holes as well.

No actually, the way the motor mounting plate is designed you won’t be able to reach the four mounting screws on the outside if you use cans larger than 63xx

2 Likes

Maybe a spacer?

The shaft would have to be quite long if you did, because spacer would have to be quite tall for you to be able to fit a tool there for screwing the screws in…

Here’s a drawing of the mounting plate. Dimensions are not correct but you can see the general idea…

6 Likes

@sofu If I get these drives can you guarantee my monthly amount of creepy dm’s will also go up? Thanks that’s what I’m mainly after

8 Likes

Is it possible to use studs with fasteners and a wrench to tighten them.

Is that a statement or a question :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes it’s possible to use other hardware if you wanna figure it out yourself. I’m just saying you don’t have much space to work with

2 Likes

A Statement lol although not proven. I think it would work.

Do you have another motor you would recommend over this brand? I inquired about shipping from them still waiting to hear back. I may pick up 10 of them and sell them to others that are interested at cost + shipping.

There was a group buy for Maytech motors earlier this year. Missed it and I am waiting for someone to start one again. $78 is not a bad price for 6374

2 Likes

I mean, I can help with that. Get a barf bag ready and check your messages.

5 Likes

These are for a larger motors 63100 size 130kv

4 Likes

Oh ok, interesting as well. Have you ever tried their motors?

I have not. Butthe only other 63100 motors I can find are Alien power systems. I honestly don’t know how reliable these are. The company just got back to me and said shipping is $130 for 10 motors. I feel like that is a little on the high side but would bring the cost to $113 per motor.

3 Likes

Pretty sure these drives require an 8mm motor shaft. So keep that in consideration when ordering motors

1 Like

These motors have a 8mm shaft.

@MorrisHsu what is the minimum shaft length for these drives?

Minimum shaft length I need to check

1 Like