Spiral Bevel Gears Drive

Oh ok, interesting as well. Have you ever tried their motors?

I have not. Butthe only other 63100 motors I can find are Alien power systems. I honestly don’t know how reliable these are. The company just got back to me and said shipping is $130 for 10 motors. I feel like that is a little on the high side but would bring the cost to $113 per motor.

3 Likes

Pretty sure these drives require an 8mm motor shaft. So keep that in consideration when ordering motors

1 Like

These motors have a 8mm shaft.

@MorrisHsu what is the minimum shaft length for these drives?

Minimum shaft length I need to check

1 Like

Minimum shaft length is 20mm

1 Like

What about max shaft length?

Maximum motor shaft length 35mm

1 Like

Right on. Was looking at the link you provided in prior post and saw that they were 10mm

Didn’t want you to have a $100 disappointment

2 Likes

I had email them some time ago, and I was told they are not doing 8mm shaft for 63100 at the moment. But they keep showing the same info, which is wrong…

3 Likes

Well that fucking sucks! I’ll message them again and see if they have changed their mind.

1 Like

@Myke just get some @torqueboards motors if you in US.
Local, fast and you have somebody to comlain at if something goes wrong.
china is always a lottery and if your magnets break down after 50km you pay half the motor price to ship things there and back…what would be the best case if they don´t ignor you directly if you come up with problems.
If you really want to go with 63100 than make sure you get the 8mm shaft. The specs written in alibaba or taobao are not really correct most times and as far as I know this motor is produced only with 10mm shaft. You could prabably order a custom shaft if diameter if you pay for the extra work or just order enough motors (50-200)

Ya I’m currently talking to them about getting a 8mm shaft.

Also check with them how to handle manufacturing defects.

Ya I will. If it doesn’t work out no big deal. I have ordered alot from china for my business and dealt with returns. I am by no means set on this motor. It was just for the ridiculousness of such a large motor for a board. I am set on getting 130kv since I plan to run beirgmeister with this gear set. I wish I got in on the last sk3 group buy but I didn’t know about it until it was over.

2 Likes

Any update on this?

2 Likes

The gearbox are in production and will be completed as soon as next week.
I will update the progress here.

14 Likes

Update…
CNC machined aluminum parts have been completed and gear machining is expected to be completed this week.

20 Likes

Wait, I submitted a google form but I never heard back from you, does this mean I am not in this group buy? Or are you still going to get in touch with us. Or maybe I just didnt make it in lol.

1 Like