Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4641889/files

Something weird going on with my preview, but the files seem to be available for download.

1 Like

My enclosure is also ready :grin:

36 Likes

looks great, its pla petg or abs?

1 Like

Its PLA time will tell if its strong enough :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Any reason you couldn’t run a single motor with both sides of this dual?

can you send me the files please luisverajimenez@gmail.com

18 Likes

it uses 2 MCUs, so syncing them would be a nightmare ending in a fire. Need a stormcore or unity for that. :confused:

6 Likes

I see I’m going to have to step up my game. :thinking:

Also look out with PLA I’ve had issues with it deforming pretty badly in direct sunlight after just a few minutes.

PETG is MUCH more resistant to the elements.

No warping after being left in direct sunlight for hours.

1 Like

Yes you right PLA tent to deform from 60c I found that out with my vesc 4.12 enclosure when I left my board in my car in hot day :sweat_smile: PETG would be def better choice but I don’t have any atm so PLA must do it :wink:

2 Likes

Any reason not to use both stormcore controllers on one motor?

Might void your warranty + it requires custom FW, but otherwise not that I know of :upside_down_face:
You can search in the stormcore thread where people were talking about it + there’s a video of Charles demonstrating it working I believe

Hi Guys! I started to build a skateboard from enertion raptor 2.0. (sorry if it a noob question, this will be my first custom board).Two focbox left from that, and my question, if i buy a spintend ubox, can i connect the two single focbox to it, reach 4 wd? There is two canbus on ubox. I asked them in e-mail, and they said, they havent tried it, but 2 uboxes can work together. Should i buy 1 ubox and try it? Is there any possibility it will works? Thanks for reply!

1 Like

Just putting this here so you know about it :slight_smile:

As for the CAN, you probably could do that, but I don’t think anyone has tried it yet. You could always split the PPM signal too

3 Likes

I don’t believe you’re supposed to mix v4 and v6 hardware although that may be a solved problem.

1 Like

I don’t think so either, maybe the CAN would be funky. Doesn’t matter though for split PPM technically

3 Likes

I’d still be wary since V4 hardware would be at 100% duty cycle at 85% PPM input while V6 hardware would be at ~85% duty cycle, not sure if this is enough to cause problems or even be noticeable but I wouldn’t recommend taking the risk.

1 Like

That logic does make sense

1 Like

go go gadget dual-receivers!

1 Like