Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

i smell 4wd coming

17 Likes

I know it’s relatively new and all, but can someone chime in on the Ubox’s performance vs more common vescs, like a unity/flipsky? Sure, the numbers look good, but I’d like to hear from the community.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

There aren’t very many out there, but I haven’t had or heard of any issues other than the voltage reading that was fixed in a fw release IIRC.

3 Likes

So far my unit has performed very well. I actually bought one of the first few units sold with the antispark switch.

I’m running it in single motor mode at the moment and only at 10s but I’ll be going to dual motor and 12s soon.

There are a few posts in this thread with more intensive testing info/heavier loads/higher power but I’ve been quite pleased so far.

Only other ESC I’ve used is Flipsky 6.6 and I prefer the U-Box so far.

4 Likes

Good to know, thanks!

2 Likes

hello
im in the uk looking for a bottom mount housing for this does anyone know where to get one thanks
looking for a 3d printerd one maby thasnks

Its for this? You’re gonna have to 3d print one I think, this ESC is so large that it won’t fit in any current designs. Maybe @ApexBoards has something that might work

1 Like

thanks will contact him

@jonisingt35r

I have the one design that I created previously

U-BOX enclosure Alternate 2.stl (222.0 KB)

and I’m currently working on another that’s a little more. . eh . thought out. :sweat_smile:

The new one will feature a basic heatsink that I’ve come up with.

3 Likes

Can I hava a copy when you have finished it please

3 Likes

Alright, I’m calling it now. This is the best vesc on the market at these specs (assuming they don’t get QC issues going forward)

I don’t know what’s different but this is performing significantly better than my original VESC6 in regards to high frequency switching and the associated noise reduction. On large pneumatic hubs motors.

14 Likes

Thank you bornbonless

2 Likes

the difference beein that its not even the same hardware :man_shrugging: :joy:
If you compared it to the 75/300, its a fair point tho.

5 Likes

It’s the specific copyleft software license that the VESC Project used to license its software.

Wowzers look what turned up in the post today
Super impressed with the quality.! Just hope it goes as well as it looks. Was going to get o with a Tampa but really glad I didn’t. Amazing quality and value.

IMG_20201112_172521_7|375x500

3 Likes

With the version which is on their website now, are you still able to turn the vesc on and off with the switch? Or is it like a sleepmode (like on trampa vescs) that theyre using now instead of a antispark?

I think you will be happy.

I’m dying to ride mine, just need to get the time to make the battery :joy:

Quite pleased with the progress so far on my enclosure design :grin:

So close to being finished.

(Ran out of black PETG and switched to white)

4 Likes

Does the vesc get hot? Or warm Maby worth adding venting holes to it?

I haven’t got a clue about vesc tool has anyone got a general file I could use to get me going?
Thanks

2 Likes

Yes I had this thought so I incorporated a slot for a standard size aluminum bar that I picked up at home depot.

The idea is that the esc will be secured to the top of the metal bar and heat will conduct to the exterior.

It’s about 51.3mm x 3.3mm and I’ll cut it to length so that it extends about 25mm outside the enclosure. It can extend from either side of needed. Perhaps place it symmetrically and have it about 12-15mm on either side?

I’ll have to experiment to see if actual “fins” are needed but I think this basic (cheap) design will be sufficient.

What do you all think?

4 Likes