Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Was this also true for ubox v2 or was this issue only on the v1?

1 Like

This was for my v1 ubox. We got it figured out eventually by disabling BT and properly assigning uart

1 Like

What’s the LED voltage on the power button? Gonna get a new button because I’ve lost the old one before even using it

Ubox V2

3 Likes

Hi, how are you , long time no been here.
Just share the best deals here:
BF FLASH SALE IS ON GOING NOW! :heart_on_fire: :heart_on_fire: LIMITED TIME. DON’T MISS OUT ! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

@AmySpintend do you care to address the numerous exploding Spintend ESC incidents we’ve seen over the years? many examples here:

I ask as someone using an original v1 ubox. I enjoy the features and have never had an issue, but the track record with this ESC is pretty horrible, so it’s impossible to feel very at peace with a ubox under my feet. I’m sure others feel the same way.

I’m sure it would go a long way if you would at least attempt to address and understand the issue! :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

yeah, I read all burn case , and most buyers contacted us before :

1. As you can see, more is ubox v1. that’s already highlighted since the first burn case reporeted, we once highlighted to add foam and sent foam to end user to press the logicboard and power board joint connection, serious vibration may bring risk to break the soldering joint part between them.But it’s not all.Until now we still have customer using v1. We already switched to V2 since 2021.
  2. Another burn case: when official vesc release new firmware, customer upload wrong firmware , eg. update 100v to 75v , this will cuase burn.They’re total different hardware deisgn base. when we figured out this case, some kind guy in the forum submit the firmware in vesc github for us,and we also submit all other model in github to completely avoid uploading firmware by user. the new version vesc tool will auto recoginze it when ubox is connected.
    And after that, we don’t get similar burn case on ubox v2. Sorry that we’re not always there to response the bad comments here, this cause SPINTEND bad impression here. it’s a failure operation for our company. Not by product. what I can say here is that : Ubox v2 is most batch ordered products by our customer who used in finished escooter, eskateboard and gocart.
    We know that more and more vesc selling in market now. new beginners are easy to read negative comments (not sure if they guide them to buy other brand) , yet, it’s free market, more try on different brand is good for them to do right choice. we’re doing long-term business.
13 Likes

Bkb introduced a new ESC for their boards that is made made by Lingyi, but it looks like it’s compatible with the Uni1 remote.

Is Spintend the vesc based ESC arm of Lingyi?

The uni remote shell was borrowed from lingyi

2 Likes

I know the case is similar, but the post from bkb makes it sound like Spintend modded their remote firmware to work with the new the new lingyi ESC.

Then on Bkb’s site it says this about the ESC and remote…

I’m not seeing the same meaning as you here.

1 Like

^^^^

1 Like

Ohh the spintend bit is in the instagram video, which I didnt originally watch since I dont have instagram on my phone anymore, and it gets mad at me for that.

2 Likes

Ok Ryan

what part of that sentence makes me old?

1 Like

The hot take

The customer needs a better experience

-switches from VESC to lingyi-

Yeah, that’s a head scratcher, but bkb attracted way to many buyers that weren’t at all interested in diy, so I understand part of the reasoning… But replacing 160A vesc controller with 50A lingyi is a big step backwards.

In any case, the oddest thing here is what Q says in IG that Spintend designed the firmware for the remote they’re going to use with the Lingyi ESC and then Bkb’s product description where they say everything (remote and ESC) is developed by Lingyi…

Which one is it, or are both things true?

1 Like

not to mention lingyi-ESC boards have the absolute worst responsiveness of any ESC that I’ve tried…