Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Any updates on the 5.02 firmware?

1 Like

It’s updated now. please download it from our website

2 Likes

it’s updated in our web.please download it there. thanks

1 Like

Hi, friends ,the customed 5.2 firmware and source codes are updated in our website.

8 Likes

More of a general VESC question, but any reason to update from 5.01 if we’ve already set the duty cycle limit? I’ve heard there were some CAN issues out the gate on 5.02, so just wanted to make sure it’s stable before switching over and doesn’t end up breaking more stuff.

1 Like

@hardunclejohn how sealed are your lips? You seem pretty happy to divulge about some stuff.

3 Likes

Is there a way to turn reverse of on the uni1. I dont know how to modify remote settings on the vesc tool and it seems like calibration is done through the remote

Btw, loving the lights and horn option

7 Likes

Well I may have killed my UBOX. :cry:

Only the “Vesc A” side lights up when powered on and it’s just throwing a red LED error.

No response to throttle input. I’ve tried everything that I can think of. . any suggestions?

13S battery.

1 Like

Pop it open and inspect for visual burn marks

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:t6:

Edit: No damage or burns as far as I can tell. :thinking:

Now it’s like both sides are working but side b keeps throwing an error light and temporarily stops functioning.

1 Like

What happens if you try to re-do setup?

1 Like

Just what I described above. I actually tried that first.

The first time I ran detection it gave a crazy reading for one motor. It rated one for 40 amps and the other for 68.

Ran detection again and readings seemed normal but now I get the “fault code” light and one side is working intermittently.

1 Like

What are the fault codes in the VESC tool? Could help pinpoint what’s wrong.

2 Likes

This.

Rebooting the ESC clears them, so look before you do that.

3 Likes

Maybe try flashing the bootloader on the bad side using the good side. @abusfullofnuns was forced to become an expert on this recently.

3 Likes

I powered the board back on after a few minutes and both motors worked on the bench for a few seconds before the left motor stops working and I have a red led in position 1 flashing 6 times then pausing briefly before repeating the 6 flashes.

How should I deteine the fault codes in the vesc tool?

2 Likes

type faults into terminal

1 Like

Aha! It says fault: over_temp_motor

Bad temperature sensor in the motor?

Edit: it also seems like the motor that is throwing the code has much less torque than the other :thinking:

1 Like

if you unplug them then try?

1 Like