Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

What are the fault codes in the VESC tool? Could help pinpoint what’s wrong.

2 Likes

This.

Rebooting the ESC clears them, so look before you do that.

3 Likes

Maybe try flashing the bootloader on the bad side using the good side. @abusfullofnuns was forced to become an expert on this recently.

3 Likes

I powered the board back on after a few minutes and both motors worked on the bench for a few seconds before the left motor stops working and I have a red led in position 1 flashing 6 times then pausing briefly before repeating the 6 flashes.

How should I deteine the fault codes in the vesc tool?

2 Likes

type faults into terminal

1 Like

Aha! It says fault: over_temp_motor

Bad temperature sensor in the motor?

Edit: it also seems like the motor that is throwing the code has much less torque than the other :thinking:

1 Like

if you unplug them then try?

1 Like

Ran motor detection thrice with the sensors disconnected.

The first time failed and said “CAN detection timeout”.

The second time it was “successful” and had one motor at 40 amps sensorless and the other at 67 amps and sensored.

Third time was pretty normal and displayed sensorless for both motors and 67 and 66 amps respectively.

I don’t feel good about this.

1 Like

Try swapping the motors (connections only, you don’t need to unbolt them) and see if the fault code swaps sides or not.

7 Likes

It’s strange because I don’t have any lights on side B at all but the motor still spins

I will try the motor swap

Any good instructional resources on this? I can’t find anything.

1 Like

Trampa did a video. Let me try and find it.

EDIT: It was Vedder himself:

7 Likes

Thanks everyone for the advice. I managed to resolve the issue by removing the temp wire from the sensor wire extensions that I’m using.

No temp wire, no fault code.

I did flash the side B using side A, but I’m not sure it was necessary.

Broke my personal speed record today at 36MPH. (~58 km/h)

I’m so glad to be back on the road and still running both motors sensored.

Stay safe, dudes. :call_me_hand:t4:

12 Likes

Glad you figured it out.

1 Like

Is it possible to set spintned esc to turn off after x amount of minutes? I’ve tried setting it up with vesc tool, but mine doesn’t turn off ever🤷‍♂️

Thanks

1 Like

@hardunclejohn if i am doing 4wd canbus with 2 spintends then should i use a 4 way canbus or just a normal canbus between the 2 sides? i am currently using just a normal one between 2 ports and am getting quite unreliable canbus feedback from my telemetry like metr pro and ble module
thank you

2 Likes

Its all done in the remote. There is an auto off in one of the menus iirc…

1 Like

hello
is there any guides on how to flash the original firmwhere?
just want to try flashing as i still cant connect to mobile app
ok cancel that just managed to connect to the mobile app :slight_smile:
thanks

One CAN cable from the front to the back dual esc is enough.
If you don’t get a good connection check your jst plugs an wiring. Might be a broken wire.
Double check with a new cable if you have one on hand.
Also make sure your CAN cable isn’t routed close to power or phase wires. Shouldn’t have a big influence, but better to do so.
If connection is still shit, you could use a twisted shielded wire and put the shielding to the ground connection of the CAN plug on one esc. Not on both sides please.

3 Likes