Snowboard as a deck? Anyone?

Hey all,

I looked around and didnt see any real forums or builds using a snowboard deck. Wondering if anyone has repurposed a snowboard deck successfully? I was thinking of trying it for sh*ts and giggles. I can think of a million reasons it might not work well but hey maybe someone’s got it figured out in a way thats actually works…

1 Like

Might be a bit too flexy& long but I don’t know much about snowboards

2 Likes

I tried it a loooong time ago and it was waaaaay too flexible. Might have just been the one I tried too. It was a cheapie from craigslist.

5 Likes

I’ve made a load of longboards from them.
Very flexible though. You’d be best off using as stiff a board to begin with. If you could find an alpine board you might be onto a winner.

5 Likes

maybe reinforce? couple layers of cf?

1 Like

or just bolt two together, route out inside for pouch cells.

5 Likes

The base of a snowboard is pretty slippy and I think most stuff would release off.

2 Likes

dunno never snowboarded so never felt one

ugly

1 Like

ok bolt 3 together and cut the whole middle out of the center one as well as routing out half of either, then use it for an electric snowboard

2 Likes

decks stuck together look weird cause they dont perfectly fit into each other (personal opinion)

2 Likes

I legit almost attempted this with the blemished markone decks that were going for $35 a pop.

2 Likes

It’s by design that we use longboard decks for longboarding and snowboard decks for snowboarding. To use a snowboard deck for longboarding would require you to mod it so much that it will end up like a longboard which defeats the purpose and it would be better to use a longboard.

1 Like

Still mad that he never came back to me…i Wanted a manta deck.

2 Likes

Pretty sure he was just shipping them from some big supplier. @brenternet knew who but I suspect you could find them on Ali

2 Likes

Snowboards have a large surface area so they slide on snow, will be useless for esk8 unless you reinforce it so there’s little flex and have really loose trucks to turn, mo

1 Like

Probably not quite what the OP had in mind but just for shits and giggles and of course science,
i have put this together for the forecasted snow we are getting this weekend.
Might make a thread if it all doesn’t end in tears.

21 Likes

Amazing. :metal:t4:

1 Like

Manta is pretty nice, my friends both have one.

2 Likes

If it doesn’t end up working out, try cutting the board in half or using some chopped up skis in just the front. I’ve been wanting to build this for a while now but don’t get enough snow to justify

1 Like