Snowboard as a deck? Anyone?

11 Likes

How do you even turn with three trucks ?

2 Likes

My thoughts also. I hope the middle truck is a zero degree one.

1 Like

10000 iq?

3 Likes

how could anyone forget this gem

7 Likes

I dont think he can turn :joy: which is why hes wearing enough safety gear to eat shit and do it again and again.

2 Likes

Some pretty good stuff out there and idea. I will let you know if i take it up. But thinking kids size alpine board could be the only hope. That or taking a super stiff snowboard and laser cutting it but at that point there is no point!

1 Like

I mean after like 4 layers of fiberglass it should be stiff enough just make it kinda shorter and it should be ok.

Did this end in tears?

1 Like

I wrecked my Arbor several years ago by leaning it against a wall heater. Scorched and bubble the base. I couldn’t throw it away so it sat in my garage for a few years. I ended up trying to make a motorized Flowboard with the front three quarters of it. I mounted a Razor scooter motor on it but the chain came off in the first turn, not enough torsional rigidity.

Here are some pics of my next iteration, which I’m going to scrap because I was advised that the little friction motor will probably burn up will quick. Now I’m thinking I’ll put a scooter hub motor on in place of the Razor back tire on. It’s a little disappointing since I’ve spent a decent chunk of time coming up with the weird rig job.

aree

4 Likes

Thats what i did i cut 2 snowboards to shape then riveted them together, the fiberglass powder got everywhere and it was itchy for weeks, make sure to wear PPE

3 Likes

Thanks Jared. Yeah fiberglass is nasty shit.

2 Likes

This is my 2nd attempt at motorizing a snowboard for street carving. I bought the wheel pulley from electricscooterparts.com, as well as a motor pulley. I didnt realize that the motor pulley is incompatible with the Torque Boards motor. It’s a 16 tooth D-bore, with one internal flat surface. The wheel pulley is an 80 tooth 5m/15. I’m guessing it won’t be difficult to find the right motor pulley. I just took a guess with that particular gear ratio. It’s going to have a disc brake.

5 Likes

@Boardnamics sells the pulley you need.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks a lot!

1 Like