Show us your enclosure insides ( ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)

Hey guys, as the title suggests… i wanna see more… open your enclosure (•̃ ͜ʖ•̃)

The internals of our enclosures, are what powers our murder deathsticks, and what of a better way to learn from each other is to see how an individual places their components in their board. Be it trying to squeeze every inch of space with cells, or using clever wiring to ensure a tangle free mess. Show us!

I’ll start with a few of mine.
My very first build, a 6s4p, with an antispark switch, and two TB VESCs. Not the best wiring since i did not solder much and just have a lot of wires, and did my best to squeeze everything in.
Ridden for a couple weeks when pic was taken

A double stack 10s4p, antispark switch and dual focboxes.
Ridden for 10 months when pic was taken

12s5p with a huge BMS and unity.
Ridden for 1 year + when pic was taken

10s4p, with unity.
Was not ridden yet, snapped a pic when building.

10s3p, with antispark and MakerX ESC.
Board was ridden for a year + before upgrading to a dual drive

And a 10s2p, antispark, and a FSESC 4.12.
Not ridden yet, snapped a pic when building

My standard practice is to use small braided sleeves over small wires like the PPM wire and sensor wires. Also to use velcro to adhere the components to the deck. Hot glue onto connectors to ensure they do not rattle loose, and placing the wires so they do not overlap each other. Another thing i like to do is to use the rubber feet that’s used on furniture, pasted onto the battery. Or to doubleside tape a layer of craft foam, 2 to 3mm thick, onto the enclosure. Having all components cushioned and not in contact on the hard surface on an enclosure is :ok_hand:

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated, but yea this is how i would go about settling my internals. Now it’s your turn :wink:

41 Likes

That’That’s my insider.:joy:

18 Likes

51 Likes

5 Likes

LOL this made my day

4 Likes

While charging

8 Likes

This is my tightest fitting internals - in use like this for a year

Compared to my loosest - in use like this for a week right now

18 Likes

10s6p in a 4wd @evoheyax rocket board :slight_smile:

12s4p in a @Luke MOV-E shortboard

Not wasting space :rofl: and I obviously use lots of hot glue and silicone :smiley:

12 Likes

Haya with a 10s5p – there’s a layer of neoprene foam underneath everything; and then foam taped above the BMS and the antispark switch. The receiver wires have a small dab of superglue to keep them from coming out. I just used some packing tape to keep the wires down so that it would be easier for me to put the lid on.

15 Likes

22 Likes

I’d have to be downing so many benzos to be able to sleep at night if any of my builds had as much spooge as you have in that MOV-E…

I just don’t get it :cry:

4 Likes

Oh, I made sure I can sleep very well, I’m a bit paranoid :smiley: everything is triple secured and checked :slight_smile: because of the tight space nothing can move also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rats nests galore…

14 Likes

@linny & everybody else who’s posted so far, I’d actually be interested in a “how long it’s been ridden/riding conditions” in the current configurations as well in the posts. Will be nice to know if I’m taking some insulation/routing steps a bit too far/spending too much time on what doesn’t actually need it.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Got no picture of the whole but not much to see more than covered battery’s

10 Likes

Okay, i’ve updated them on the first post for mine

1 Like

Snug 12s5p using 20700s unity and a very small bms in a prototipo

I’m building a second sender proto using a 12s5p with 21700. Should be fun

12 Likes

Vesc etc.

Battery.

8 Likes

Sorry for the lousy pic… 6months of riding I’m pretty sure…

9 Likes