Show me your helmets!

I wanna get a helmet to hydro dip in carbon fiber to match my board. With a Pearlescent rainbow visor.

What do you guys have?

2 Likes

A motorcycle helmet… Scorpion Exo 710 Air… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

661 Reset
TSG Pass Carbon

14 Likes

Demon podium after I split open my triple eight invader.

Demon is lighter and airier without feeling weak.

10 Likes

Giro Switchblade. Highly recommended. My every day rider.

7 Likes

I would advice against those big sun visors on helmets.

I know of bike accidents where they fell face first off the bike, which wouldn’t have led to nothing serious if the visor wasn’t there. Sadly though the sun visor caused the head to be thrown back so violently that they ended up with a broken neck.

5 Likes

The visor on my Giro is a breakaway design, the bolts are clutched and pop out on impact. I’ve tested this first-hand (replacements are about $20).

8 Likes

I like my ruroc, it’s light and I can wear it as a full face or I can have a 3/4 on.

7 Likes

And

8 Likes

10 Likes

POC
Ruroc
TSG Pass Pro

10 Likes

Are the tsg pass’s really worth it? Do they scratch easily or not (both visor and helemt).
I am hesitating between the pass and bell 3r.
I have a friend with a 3r and it is really cool but not really in the same class as the tsg.

lol.
3 wtf? What i meant is on the website they look very glossy. Are they just like a normal helmet in terms of material?

Yeah, sure i was thinking much less nvm.
Just a quick question though
Is the buckle magnetic or clip style?

I do find that the TSG doesn’t let enough air in/out, so it feels a bit like you’re slowly suffocating unless you open the visor every once in a while. Pretty annoying imo. Also, the visor has a tendency to fog up the first 10 minutes of riding when it’s cold outside.

The Ruroc on the other hand lets in plenty of air, but the visual field is limited due to the chin guard and goggles.

2 Likes

It’s about protection level and weight. Check tsg protection versus bell 3r.
Tsg- EN 1078 ≈1078g
Bell 3r- spsc bicycle ≈ 750g
661 Reset: spsc bicycle, EN1078.

1 Like

Giro Switchblade…

9 Likes

det är väldigt dyrt :pensive:

2 Likes

For some context (on Deckoz) https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/what-protective-gear-do-you-use-excluding-the-helmet/48261/31 <-- Agree with everything Deckoz says here and if you plan to ride fast (anything over say 20mph) then gearing up really is the way to go. Personally just use a basic triple 8 because it was cheap and I was relatively broke when getting into this, but have been eyeballing Ruroc or TSG for a while (still on the fence but I lean towards Ruroc just because of style really, big visor is a bit much to me).

2 Likes

yes, they both are…

1 Like