Should I buy a Onewheel Pint?

Can’t speak to fitment yet, but appears to be good quality

1 Like

Gonna go 84v, probably no bms. Never ran no bms before, kinda nervous

1 Like

What do you think of the kush wide on the GT? I really like it on my XR, but the GT version seems to bother the arch of my foot for some reason

1 Like

Yeah.

I think I would be ok with it with P42a…

Seem a lot of the Onewheel Vesc kids are gatto go commando…

I like the Kush wide better than the Craft and ride flare I had.

The Kush has mellower concave on the side.

I have not done any really long rides since putting it on…
I still struggle after 6 miles.

But I am really loving the GT how I have it now.

I did a 6 miles to run to the shop yesterday morning and it is riding awesome.

I actually bumped the Enduro up to 16 PSI.

1 Like

No. That’s a dumb idea.

Because the majority of DIY Onewheel riders and builders are uneducated regarding DIY best practices and the actual risks of battery failure.

Do not use a lithium ion battery, especially a high voltage one, without a BMS or charge protection/management.

It’s a bad idea, and people who suggest others to do so are irresponsible and wrong.

4 Likes

Well.
There we go.
Better use a BMS.

1 Like

Well…crap! You are obviously correct. Thanks for calling out what I knew - but didn’t want to admit - to be dumb move. Would you recommend the Z-battery bms? I’ll be using a stock XR battery box.

1 Like

The ZBMS is good, very simple, and relatively inexpensive compared to the ENNOID XLITE. The ENNOID is fully featured, and very good functionally, but pretty fragile both physically and electrically. I have a box of dead ones. Kevin is very good at sending replacements, but implementing it takes real forethought and careful assembly of the battery box.

The ZBMS has proven fairly difficult to actually break. And I think depending on the riding sensibilities of the user, that’s important.

Either fits in the XR box. The ZBMS more easily.

For more qualification of my above post, I have a battery of mine sent back from a customer. It was the 20s2p, and it was used with VnR (I’m unsure exactly how, but doing so fried his first BMS), and then used without a BMS for what I was told was 2 weeks.

The battery is now condemned, on my bench for discharge and recycling.

It came back with 1 parallel group at 0.0v, and the rest at 4.3/4.35v. Had it been charged to 84v several more times with no charge monitoring, it would have gotten increasingly dangerous.

Coupled that with whatever electrical damage caused the p group to drop to flat dead, and under load, that group may have been pulled into negative voltage / reverse polarity. Which isn’t ideal.

Not every BMS can guard against every failure, but to choose to not install one is simply a bad idea.

There’s a good discussion in the battery builder’s club thread, where @Flyboy said the following:

4 Likes

Does it have Bluetooth monitoring capabilities?

I see there is no Bluetooth for the zbms.

How do the Balancing Monitoring leds work?

If a Group is bad then one light shows red type of thing?

Got any pictures showing the lights?

Looks like Zbms is sold out.

1 Like

While the data sheet on the product page is out of date (the ZBMS is at v3.1 currently), I believe the functional information is still fairly accurate.

Otherwise, @JoeyZ5 can comment more so than I can.

That being said, it’s a hardware based BMS, not a smart BMS.

3 Likes

I hit 1200 miles on the GT today.

I went out in the wet cold and did 10 miles which is great exercise.

The Pint X lives in my dinning room and I jump on it constantly through the day and it loosens up my body and it’s just great.

I was doing some bonks in the living room just a little bit ago…

I really am glad I got into the Onewheels and they bring a lot of joy!!!

3 Likes

Whats that?

1 Like

“Bonking your Onewheel is basically bouncing the Onewheel off a ledge or object so you get airtime.”

1 Like

I would have never thought this was possible.

4 Likes

The Pint X got Vesced yesterday!!!

Saw a $400 Pint and I couldn’t resist. Came with a 2nd fairly new used stock tire as well.

Still relearning how to ride it since my last one was a brief ownership in 2015 and before effing up my leg. Love that this one is pre scuffed so it doesn’t hurt as bad when it takes a tumble. The rounded profile of this model is really testing my ankle strength and mobility.

Sadly I’ll need a Chi battery upgrade soon given this thing has close to 1000 miles on it and has a pathetic lower range than it’s original pathetic range. So I’m looking at close to $700 for this purchase.

2 Likes

Not positive he does Pints, but hit up @TheBoardGarage first.
100% Mario will put more care into a pack than chi.
Plus he’s one of our own.

5 Likes