Should I buy a Onewheel Pint?

Is @TheBoardGarage making and selling packs for the Pint?

Chibattery/Bara is/was one of our own as well, from EndlessSphere to the Builder forum and even here. I’ve had a few packs from him back when he was a single guy in his parent’s garage. It’s kind of a shame that his business grew to what it is today and it’s no longer HIS quality, but the quality of an unknown employee :grimacing:

1 Like

Duuuuuuuude.
Nice.
You should try to find someone to help you Re-wheel it to make it extra dangerous.

I love the tiny footprint.
Mostly keep it inside the house and hop on to loosen up my ankles.

2 Likes

Fully understand Bara WAS one of us, and at the beginning. Sadly his hes made compromises in pack saftey in the name of making $$.
Plenty of Chi OW pack breakdowns out there to know I wouldn’t want one in my house.

4 Likes

Well then I really hope @TheBoardGarage gets back to me about his cell availability and selling me a pack.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, if it’s running on Future Motion electronics, I’m unlikely to make a battery for it anymore.

The old Quart style battery is a pain to make, but doable. The way they’re made now, is simply creating more points of failure to try to make it fit without cutting away at the enclosure internals.

Couple that, with how fragile and fickle the FM BMS and controller are, and I’ve just moved on to making different packs.

At the moment I’m making packs for the DIY/VESC builds and conversions, and developing those more.

I’m sorry I can’t be of more help.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input. Guess I’ll text Bara and see what he can do

1 Like

Riding about 20 minutes everyday for the past week practicing with wide carves in the parking lot. Almost did the split once when I was attempting to get off and front foot slipped off instead of just lifting off the sensor. This thing makes my ankle ache. I can make tight toe side turns, heel side however is only wide turns, always feel like I’m going to fall off when I try to make a tighter left turn.

1 Like

I recently picked up an XR and have been trying to get the hang of it as well. Never owned one before. Same as you, I find toe side tighter turns easier. Heel side I try and squat and stick my butt out more to help with the turn. Not great but getting there.

2 Likes

Went into London yesterday and met a bunch of guys from the Carve Electric group to make some PEV friends and try out some boards.

The onewheel guys let me borrow their boards and I am absolutely hooked. First day on it and I landed this:

I fell 10-20 times over the course of 2 hours but had an absolute blast.

I much preferred the XR over the GT. It wasnt as powerful, but the lower weight made it feel more nimble and easier to control.

Unfortunately given that the XR is now discontinued, and the GT is far above what I can afford, I’m considering buying a Pint.

My concern though is that because the overall footprint is smaller and the wheel isn’t as wide, it won’t feel as stable.

I’d like to test ride a pint before taking the plunge…

3 Likes

Dude. You like to tinker right!?!

Building a Vesc on an XR platform maybe the way to go.

I want to sell my GT and build a Vesc…

I do expect you can get something good going for less than the GT price.

The battery and BMS is tricky… But it all food for thought.

2 Likes

I think thats my next project sorted!

1 Like

I will race you!!!

Just kidding.

But yeah. I really want to build one.

Mario s videos are a great resource.

1 Like

Watched that on my lunch break earlier. And race challenge accepted, but won’t be for a year or so :rofl:

1 Like

I picked up an XR earlier this year and it’s been a lot of fun learning and poking around on it. I’ve got flight fins and WTF rails and really feel locked in for turning etc.

2 Likes

So the well used Pint I got had a slight issue because the last owner probably used a power tool and pulled out AND broke two of the brass inserts in the front footpad. So the corner pops up. I was going to get a new set but damn FM charge $120 for them, It didn’t really affect riding so I was putting it off.

Then recently found a guy that swapped to the wood Surestance wood front pad and aftermarket angled rear pad. So he sold me his unused rear wood pad and basically new original front pad as well as a new purple fender, all for $80! I also got the float plate and side guards (bought their blemished one which looks perfectly fine). Looking good now. Going for the Crazy Taxi look.

2 Likes

I have the XR with the CBXR battery. It has the older firmware, cant remember the number. I recently updated the OW app. Haven’t rode much due to the cold but the last few times i rode, it got a warning that the battery was out of temperature. Battery was about 55f. Kept riding to warm up the battery. It got into the 60s and then the warning went away. Was a short ride, so did not test the range.

My question is, is this because of the app update? I read that the new app might also affect the range of the ow. Wondering now if I should go VESC.

thanks.

1 Like

I don’t know much about how the update impacts things…
If you are on Facebook it maybe a better place to ask.

It seemed to me there was no good reason to update an XR… And lots of people have had weird stuff happen.

But going Vesc is pretty hard.
But can be super rewarding.

I have a buddy here that Vesced his XR with CBXR and loves it.

I Vesced my Pint X, and just in recent weeks Vesced my GT.

I actually have still to figure out how to tune the GT well for street.
But any off road situation it’s incredibly more capable.

I have the JWXR battery. I read that the thermistor goes bad on these. When riding my XR, I get the battery is out of temperature range. Does anyone know if this is a common issue with this battery? Also, is there a video on how to replace this?

Thank you.

So much time has passed.

And I am super glad I got into Onewheels and I quite literally tell everyone that they should get one…

I don’t usually tell them they are the biggest money pit, but that is besides the point…

I do love these things, and especially now that they are Vesced.

I have had these things a long time now.
And have a ton of miles on them.
And today I finally managed to do a curb nudge to roll up curbs!!!

4 Likes

The PXVX and GTVX both still going strong.
Here theu are out in the wild.

1 Like