Whats the down low on drop decks? [SERIOUS]

Ahah, he asked me if I was ok to send mine to him, but I declined for financial reasons…

1 Like

get various thicknesses of something like these, so you can mix and match

you can also cut down some other preferably soft risers you allready have

1 Like

Well him and I are both in the UK, so it’s probably cheapest for me to ship it to him and back. I’m not using mine over winter really, so if you are in need I can make it happen sooner :slight_smile:

1 Like

@eBoosted has some :slight_smile:

I have the one for the 40", the 38" one is on the works

3 Likes

So for all of y’all on here what is the least amount of ground clearance that you guys have gotten away with? I’m looking at building my own deck see the beginnings of my thread. And I am curious how low I can go.

I’ve got a 40" analog with about 50mm ground clearance and it usually doesn’t bottom out (flexes by 25mm when I jump)

i really like my boards low, so i reinforce the enclosures to the point they can hold my weight, and epoxy aluminium to the bottom so i can slide over edges or bumps…

2 Likes

What’s the clearance on your favorite board?

1 Like

love your low down riders - super stable no?

oh, yeah. I love the super low riding platform.

1 Like

heya, sorry for the late reply

right now its 3,6cm ground to enclosure, but ive had it a bit lower too

Ambassador @RyEnd, could you post pictures of B41 and S42 side by side? The opportunity to compare them is most appreciated.

What makes the subsonic century deck as good as it is?

Personally I really love the bustin sportster. Nice and flat where your feet are but also turned up edges to give you a locked in feel. Also since it’s a drop deck you have those steps to push against. Even with double kingpins the board sits nice and low.

7 Likes

Imagine that with hummies - it’d be scrapping the asphalt

1 Like

got this while I was out of town… but yeah!

Pictures speak for themselves, but a few observations…
b41 has a larger drop, s42 is a little longer and has a longer standing platform. The slant side drops a little bit more than the flat side. Concave is similar but not the same between the decks. The concave on the double drop is maybe a little more aggressive. It has real nice sharp edges.

Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos

3 Likes

Does the double drop feel like a sports car though? Thats really the only thing that matters.

2 Likes

Yes, like any sports car, you always slow down when going over steep humps for fear of scrapping the chassis. @rafaelinmissouri is one of the masters on this topic. But I found out the long way that stability is more to do with a low back truck angle and bushings from @RipTideSports

3 Likes

Pretty much. Working on a top mount, narrow, diagonal drive setup for it. Expect it to be real fast.

2 Likes