Whats the down low on drop decks? [SERIOUS]

Personally I really love the bustin sportster. Nice and flat where your feet are but also turned up edges to give you a locked in feel. Also since it’s a drop deck you have those steps to push against. Even with double kingpins the board sits nice and low.

7 Likes

Imagine that with hummies - it’d be scrapping the asphalt

1 Like

got this while I was out of town… but yeah!

Pictures speak for themselves, but a few observations…
b41 has a larger drop, s42 is a little longer and has a longer standing platform. The slant side drops a little bit more than the flat side. Concave is similar but not the same between the decks. The concave on the double drop is maybe a little more aggressive. It has real nice sharp edges.

Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos

3 Likes

Does the double drop feel like a sports car though? Thats really the only thing that matters.

2 Likes

Yes, like any sports car, you always slow down when going over steep humps for fear of scrapping the chassis. @rafaelinmissouri is one of the masters on this topic. But I found out the long way that stability is more to do with a low back truck angle and bushings from @RipTideSports

3 Likes

Pretty much. Working on a top mount, narrow, diagonal drive setup for it. Expect it to be real fast.

2 Likes

The lowest any board can have without being too scratched

8 Likes

Looking to get this:

Planning to cutout part of the bottom for my battery pack because it’s practically up against the enclosure. Would like to know if an 8 ply board is rigid and have little to no flex?

1 Like

It’s really flexy. I push it around on 78mm wheels and the bottom is all sorts of scarred up. Great deck, but I wouldn’t suggest it for an esk8 build. Maybe if you are less than 170lbs and aren’t going to put a large battery pack or giant motors on it. Couldn’t bottom mount the battery unless you run giant wheels, and/or top mount your trucks.

You wouldn’t be able to remove any material from this deck w/o severely impacting its strength.

2 Likes

Doesn’t double drop mean that it’s a drop deck with drop thru trucks?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s lovely.

Neither of the boards you pictured had drop thru slots :woozy_face:

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t see you were replying to another comment.
You’re right. That’s not a double drop, just two times the drop.

2 Likes

Red Embers 44" Four of us sat down in Las Vegas a few years ago, Jamie made this from that. 11" wide for turn leverage. Dub-tub increases rigidity and reduces tortional twist.
Long stance and drop for hard accel and decel control.

21 Likes

Ooof… look at that W :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

What’s the weight of this board?

I got the Rayne Piranha. It has the radial drops which I like very much.

2 Likes

Can you provide your weight if you don’t mind? I just ordered one of these decks and plan to run dkp trucks. I’m worried there will be too much flex for my battery (230 lbs). Thanks!

1 Like

If your battery was constructed correctly it should be largely unaffected by flex. Got a pic of your battery? Who built it?

~200lbs. It would need a flexible pack or to be reinforced.