Savage1 TKP Trucks

Dude, it’s gorgeous.

4 Likes

That build would be seriously cool to ride around a college campus!

5 Likes

Damn, that’s dreamy. Nice work!

5 Likes

Thanks guys :blush: She’s a nice ride. I’m really enjoying the trucks. I beefed up the bushing situation a bit. I put soft Chubbies on the board-side to give me more stability at high speed.

9 Likes

My recommendation differs from Phil’s.

Those who spend the majority of their riding in the mid to high teens will also greatly benefit from the Savage Trucks.

The trucks can be tuned to be carvy, super stable or somewhere in-between. The trucks allow for precise handling and easy control. I set up a pseudo course on a local hill to see how well I could control the shape and placement of carves compared to standard DKPs. Both trucks were using Riptide Krank bushings and cups. These trucks do an amazing job when tuned and were easier to control compared to DKPs. They also transition beautifully from carve to carve in part due to strong return-to-center action. I am not sure if I was able to go faster on the Savage Trucks but I did feel more confident and safe. I also like that I can easily control the radius of my turns. Tight quick turns, full body leans and sweeping giant carves were all easy to execute. Some trucks feel like a one trick pony and do not lend themselves to a wide range of turns.

I really think a wide range of riders will benefit from Savage Trucks. They are expensive for many but they do make a big difference in overall ride quality and experience.

14 Likes

I like your recommendation better.

8 Likes

Phil, I PM’ed you.

1 Like

There is an outlet that requires you to do this unless you have an extension. The mounts without the brace have these fangs that do a good job at keeping the board in place for situations like this since the surface that the board is resting on is sloped a bit. @Savage1 Maybe integrate a feature like this into a version 2 mount?

5 Likes

Hey Phil, you should really copy-paste this post to the very first post in this thread. I hate scrolling through to find the info :sweat_smile: Makes it obvious for newcomers that these are ready to buy as well.

5 Likes

Testing with 120mm clouds and I am loving the trucks! The consistency throughout longer turns is amazing compared to the stock hurricane dkp trucks. Waiting on 165mm meepo pneumatics and a handful of different duro bushings to arrive will update with what I choose!

15 Likes

Dude these are siiick, I actually like that grab handle

4 Likes

Yeah, the handle is really nice. I’m not a reverse mount guy, but a handle like this makes a pretty big difference.

9 Likes

Handles are underrated and overcriticised.

#handles4lyf
#idontcareifyouthinkimadork

15 Likes

Totally. Handles really help when you need to bring your board indoors. I used them on two of the 3 boards I use on a regular basis.

4 Likes

I ride in reverse and ram my friends at stop lights with my handle when I’m on group rides. Super sturdy.

18 Likes

So. These trucks look insanely delicious. Where and when can I buy them?
Apologies if this info is in this thread. Been following it poorly and I haven’t the time atm to revisit the 500 posts I missed lol.

1 Like
3 Likes

Thanks kind sir.

1 Like

I’ve since come up with a slightly better machining process, thus I am passing that along, (even though aluminum prices seem to go up weekly :frowning_face:)
The complete set of trucks will now be $395.00. (Was $415.00)
The mounts will be $100.00 with stabilizer bar or handle. (Was $130)

25 Likes

hello @Savage1 interested in buying a set for my hurricane but I just made my account and can’t pm you. May you please PM me so we can discuss? Thanks!

3 Likes