Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

Yep I am:

Obviously like mentioned before just be aware they do cut the range significantly! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The issue he was referring to was the first gen cloud wheels that work with the abec adapters not the 2nd gen cloud wheels.

3 Likes

Youā€™ve combined Otang knuckles with what other (white?) bushing? How does that work out?

1 Like

Did you try it? Hit the stop speed!

Keeps rainingā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

The idea is that the roadside bushing compresses faster than the board side, so as a result, the board feels snappier. You get higher stability for speed but still responsiveness by having a harder boardside than roadside.

In addition the back truck had harder bushings too. Iā€™ve come to these decisions after reading many of brads suggestions in his bushing thread, we had these laying around so I decided to try it out.

My fav combo so far has been a yellow otang boardside and purple otang barrel roadside, cupped washer boardside and flat roadside.

Hey everyone, my Revel Kit randomly shut off and wonā€™t turn back on anymore?

Can someone please help me with this issue?

I had that recently happen to me too :frowning: it sucks.

If it doesnā€™t turn back on from taking the battery out and putting it back in.
If you were using it at the time and drained some of the battery, then you can try charging it on the board or on the dock. If it doesnā€™t light up red like itā€™s taking a charge and instead stays green on both then thereā€™s a problem with the battery.
Thereā€™s probably a few more troubleshooting methods im missing. But thatā€™s a good place to start.

That is slick! Nice

Try to take a voltage reading from the battery. Then contact Revel Support with the results including a picture of the voltage reading.

So actually went out and got an old innertube at a local cycle repair shop. Both trucks are now outfitted with a small rubber gasket between the boardside washer and the baseplate. As for the rear one, Iā€™m just a little reluctant to completely pull away the rear axle and truck, afraid of pulling on it too hard and damaging wires. Did that once when changing the rear boardside bushing, and really donā€™t wanna risk that again. So, in the rear I cut into the gasket, allowing me to fold it around the bolt. Not as nice a fit as in the front, but I think itā€™ll stay put. Curious to find out how much it helps. How many layers did you do? Just the one?

Thanks, appreciate it

Just one. Let me know if you can hear the difference.

Do you know if the Windmill wheels work with the Revel or just the Honeycomb?

Unfortunately the Windmill wheels would not work with our kit as our adapter only supports the standard Kegel core.

Bummerā€¦I may give these a try:

2 Likes

If you do, please give feedback here!

Look on reddit about shark wheels. They get a lot of hate, Iā€™d stay away. A good alternative in my opinion are the ollin popocas and theyā€™re only $20 right now. The cloud ride hurricanes might also be good. Also, check this out: Wheel comparison thread!

For anyone interested, I found a larger 500mah battery which is double the capacity of the one that comes in the remote. It should still fit based on the measurements I took. Iā€™m just not 100% sure if it has the right connector though. https://www.ebay.com/itm/122665565599

1 Like

Yeah I managed to fit a 500mAh one in my personal remote as well, I had to cut the connector and solder it onto the old wires though because the default jst is so small. I believe itā€™s the size smaller than the 1.5