Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

Thanks for providing feedback and showing your process. Obviously in circumstances like this the best route is to take customer service to keep your warranty, but good job in fixing it yourself, hopefully it holds up well for you.

Revel has been extremely busy managing outgoing orders recently and is doing the best they can to keep up. Sorry to hear about the delay in the customer service!

Without revealing a lot of internal data, one of the things in progress at Revel is improving battery designs and reliability as a whole (as companies should be), I’m working with them to improve the next battery internal design so any user data that’s available is great to have.

In other news,

I guess when I was installing my new bushings I suppose I must have had the kingpin pushed incorrectly or something. Not sure what happened but I guess I saw it wrong lol - the roadside and boardside are exactly the same

I think the roadside bushing that I was trying to install was taller than normal? Who knows, my current setup works great

1 Like

So swapped the standard bushings for Khiro bushings. Purple (98a) boardside and black (95a) roadside. Bit hard for my weight I think, I’m 175 lbs but made a total difference, no more creaking and absolutely steady as a boat now. Combined with the stiff deck, it’s super steady also at higher speeds. Do miss a bit of return in this setup, have purple knuckles on my dervish Sama (none electric) and they feel way more responsive and poppy. Hard to compare of course, I’m aware of that. Pivot cups up next, I’m aware of Brad giving advice in a different thread but is there a standard set from Riptide everyone with a Revel Kit uses? Saves him having to advice me.

2 Likes

That is one fine lookin deck! Feels like quality crafted furniture! It also looks fairly symmetrical front to back - perfect time to try riding in reverse - full gun on the throttle. And be amazed at the stability of FWD!

1 Like

Thanks, appreciated! You’re quite the fan of front wheel drive, right? The deck isn’t fully symmetrical, but close enough. Since you mentioned FWD a while ago too, I’ll give it a shot tonight. But with this deck and hard bushings, it’s actually already very stable. It’s the beauty of this whole system, you can tinker and try different things without it becoming a big time consuming DIY project. Really like how well built the Revel Kit is. I’ll let you know how FWD works out!

1 Like

I’m almost afraid to ask, since you’ve probably already written a big piece on vibration insulation already. But have you? Is there a list of things you’d advice if you want to add more insulation against vibrations? My roads are pretty good, but more comfort never hurts I guess?

What cells are those? It looks like they aren’t using 30q cells anymore based on the color.

Anyone know if I can pair any hobbywing remote with the revel kit?

You’re welcome! I agree, going with warranty was the best idea. They finally got back to me about another question just today that i submitted more than a week ago. So i wasn’t going to wait around for something relatively straightforward.

That’s great to hear about the battery design! I did like a lot of the current way’s that it was designed, and maybe i just got a fluke with this particular case. The casing and everything already seems great so hearing about improvements is grand.

@Bfrome i’m not sure what cells they are. I don’t know much about battery cells, and wasn’t going to mess with them. If you want i can take a look once i get it apart again for applying a better water resistant seal.

1 Like

Yeah, those look like 25R’s instead of 30Q’s.

Is that the standard or extended range battery that you disassembled?

It was the extended range. Thanks for asking, i forgot to include it in the original post. So i went back and edited it in.

Search this topic for pads

1 Like

The only remotes that work with a Revel Kit are the Original Revel Kit Remote and the Landwheel L3-x remote.

1 Like

They’re Sony VCT6A cells, almost exactly the same as 30Q’s

1 Like

Ah, got it. That was my next guess. Assuming these are still 18650’s & not 21700’s.

Why the switch from 30Q’s out of curiosity?

Hi guys. New here. Just ordered a 2WD kit XR plus SR yesterday. Thinking I need some bigger wheels as the roads where I live in Canada aren’t ideal. Was wondering what people think of the airless rubber wheels. They’ve been getting very positive reviews so far. I don’t know if they are compatible with revel’s kegel adapter. Since I cannot send links yet they are the honeycomb 105mm airless wheels on BoundMotors website. Looks like they would fit but I’ve heard of people having to drill bigger wholes for the adapter to fit.

I’ve seen feedback that because they’re so soft they really kill the range.

I suppose the 105mm cloud wheels would be the best middle ground but still need the right adapter and still not a true AT wheel

Yeah you might be right. The farthest distance I’d be riding is about 25kms so I might still get that with these wheels with XR and SR batteries.

I think they ride great, we have a set of them on a board that we were testing and I can confirm that it decreases the range overall but I do like them. They fit on the adapters just fine. I think there was an old set a long while ago that had thicker kegel spokes but the current ones are good.

Versus cloudwheels personally I would have to say I prefer the cloudwheels but we all know how that’s going right now lol

So are you confirming these wheels work with revel boards?

1 Like