Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

Was informed recently that an abec clone adapter for the revel board kit will be released within the next month or so just in case anyone was interested.

4 Likes

That’s great news! If the 105mm cloud wheels end up being reliable and not cracking it would be fun to give them a try.

Those on here that have taken your batteries to a service shop - what kind of shop will take a look inside these type of batteries? That’s the line Revel are having me take, which is ok, but so far here in London any E-scooter type shops I’ve emailed don’t do that kind of thing.

I did a quick google search and I found these guy’s:

There seem to be alot of electronics repair shops but alot of them seem to be closed. Fix Factor appears to be open by appointment and they have a booking form on thier web site.

EDIT***
I understand from @ShutterShock that you have been provided with a service manual to guide the technician. So you should be all set.

1 Like

Thanks! In the meantime I’d gone with what I knew (being a musician haha) and found London Amplifier, who’ve kindly agreed to give it a look along with the guide Revel managed to get to me today ready for monday. Fingers crossed!!

That’s great with the private thread, but want to remain within warranty with mine for now - Could certainly help many other though if going through the same problem further down the line :slight_smile: Keeping my eyes on it though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve abandoned that thread, now that I know you have been provided with a battery repair proceedure document.

By the way, an amplifier repair shop is a great idea. I once had a broken motherboard for a server that needed soldering repairs. I took it to an amplifier repair shop with great results. I was assured that they were the best ones for the job because they have extremely high temperature soldering irons that can solder quickly to prevent damage to the circuit board and other components.

The risk of using a low grade, low temperature soldering iron is that you have to keep the soldering iron in place for a long time to get the solder to melt. If you do that then you end up heating up alot of things that shuld not be heated.

1 Like

Can we buy the direct drive only?

Revelboards does not sell the drive assembly seperately. If you want that, the place to go is DIY Electric.

1 Like

I just wanted to take a moment to contrast how Futuremotion/OneWheel services international customers compared to RevelBoards.

I have a Onewheel plus with a broken BMS that has been inoperable since the middle of the winter.

• They insist that I spend $250 on international shipping to return the unit to thier factory. That does not include the cost of the repair which should be another $250 US. That makes the repair uneconomical until the border opens up and I can ship from the US. Why spend $500 to repair a two year old unit wiht a resale value of less than $1000. They refuse to sell me a BMS and they refuse to authorize another repair facility in Canada or anywhere else in the world. So they have a great product for the first year but after that it’s impractical and cost prohibitive to repair and they won’t do anything to adapt to the Covid Crisis and dramatic distruptions to international Shipping times and costs. They also show no sympanty for customers like me who are very worried about sending a machine that originaly cost me $2000 back to a factory that could potentially go out of business. To me the risk of a FutureMotion bankruptcy is especially high becasue the company seems completely unable to adapt to changing world conditions and they operate in a state that is is mandating busnesses to stay closed.

So compare that to how RevelBoards has treated @AndyTB. Instead of making him wait for months for shipping, they have equiped him with a battery repair procedure document and given him the go ahead to have it repaired by a local electronics repair shop.

Its not great when stuff breaks but it’s alot better when the company that sold you the equipment cares enough to make things right and has the intelligence to adapt to global disruptions.

Future motion/Onewheel scores a big fat zero on that scale.

5 Likes

somebody can share this repair manual ?

I thought one wheel was located in California?

1 Like

They are. I’m in Canada. It’s international shipping for me to get the Onewheel shipped to California. Very expensive and potentially months of delays including repair backlogs at future motion. Too risky to send an expensive piece of equipment off to a company for months. I might never get it back. Boosted board was in the US and lots of US customers lost their units when the company went under. It just makes a lot more sense these days to get things serviced locally.

yup, that’s a great advice, finally I came to the same conclusions: these days if you can walk to a store then go there and avoid placing international orders.
It were so much problems for me and in the end I had to give up on the Revel.

Got these on my direct drives. Rode through a soggy winter in London with them without issue. Excellent grip in the wet. Down side back wheels are pretty worn now. Looking for another set. How much did they cost through Seeker boards and how long did it take to ship? Thanks

What size are these?

That onsra board has some 115mm kegel based wheels that look similar.

How long did they take it ship to you? I need a new set of 4 and they seem cheaper to get from seeker than boundmotor. Great wheels in the wet. But the rubber wears way quicker than thane.

I already got a new remote. Only took 8 days since messaging Jason. Shipped from China to Sweden in one week. That is impressive! I did not even pay extra for shipping, $99 total. Thanks to @pkasanda for asking Jason.

For anyone here that needs parts, don’t hesitate asking Revelboards. They will likely be able to ship all lighter packages anywhere. IE not batteries or full kits.

I am a very happy goose. Currently trying to figure out how to configure wheel size from 90mm to 100mm so I can see accurate range/speed. If anyone knows, let me know :slight_smile: I might figure it out before answers, but still appreciated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad you got to ride again!

I got to ride previously aswell. I had the old Landwheel remote. But that is stuck to speed mode 2. So I could never get past 30 km/h.

Still looking for how to change breaking and wheel size. I have not found my revel kit manual. Could you check for me? I need to change my wheel size.

I have scanned the manual. Hope this helps.

1 Like