šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Either that, or the way he rides

I canā€™t ever imagine having that much motor heat even on a hot summer day, and I am a heavy guy ā€” a heavy guy that rides a lot of single motor and dual 6355 skates.

3 Likes

Bingo. The man is a straight savage.

7 Likes

I love fireworks, every year on new years eve i make a little show for the street
i donā€™t have work so only around ā‚¬200

4 Likes

Once you try the lever door handles

download (77)

You wonā€™t ever go back to the round knobs

You can even carry two esk8s and still open the door with your foot if you need toā€¦

4 Likes

I just tried. They fit, but they donā€™t fit well. The pivot cup isnā€™t quite deep enough on Caliber2 baseplates. But itā€™s ridable.

4 Likes

Iā€™m 74kg (163lbs) :man_shrugging:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Yes I have to admit often I like to accelerate as hard as I can and/or ride crazy but this is only possible with Vesc 6. On my jump board with V4.12 there is thermal throttling due to hot Mosfetā€™s much earlier while the motors are just warm. Even with 45A each motor I can ride max. 10-15 minutes in dirt park before the V4 start to overheat.

I get overheating motors on flat terrain. Hill climbing is almost impossible in summer. Usually I ride the MTB early in the morning, late evening or in the night. But it also happened that I had to take a break at 2am in the dark because of too hot motors :laughing:.

On my commuter with dual 6355 I rarely have heat issues in summer but thatā€™s because itā€™s a lame vehicle (in comparison to MTB) where pushing full throttle isnā€™t scary.

4 Likes

4wd will fix your overheating problems :ok_hand:

1 Like

Isnā€™t that just a megameter?

6 Likes

can you tell me more about this drive system
the idea is good to get more clearance from the trucks

1 Like

ho lee fuk
@moon itā€™s been leaked
protocol alpha charlie houston

15 Likes

Absolutely correct

5 Likes

Same problem here. :joy:
My vesc 6ā€™s are chilling with 38Ā°C and my motors are at 50-70Ā°C depending on my current ride style. :joy:

My motors were triggering over temp faults, and I thought it was due to interference / noise being read by my VESC so I just unplugged the temp sensors.
Reading all these threads has me now wondering if my motors were actually overheating and faulting on hot daysā€¦ HMmm

1 Like

Looks good! Did you spray the heatsink purple here?

Looks anodized :hushed:

Yeah where did y get the purple heatsink from?

Thatā€™s a 3ds heatsink you can buy them here https://shop.3dservisas.eu/products/dual-focbox-case-heatsink-plate

The purple is def aftermarket, Iā€™ve previously specifically asked 3ds about purple anodizing before and he wasnā€™t interested :joy:

1 Like

Is it sprayed or anodised?

Thatā€™s what I want to know too, hopefully @Soflo will enlighten us.

Hey guys. That is a 3d servisas heatsink.
I powdercoated it dormant purple with the rest of the parts. Iā€™ll be posting a build log today.

3 Likes