šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I told him I wasnā€™t kidding, partly cause I wanna see whatā€™s in there.

When Brian takes short boards too far

2 Likes

LoL if it doesnā€™t have a big fat tail, it better be super long or Iā€™m out

1 Like

They have so much character man itā€™s unreal. The two laziest cattle dogs youā€™ve ever seen! My blue girl rides eskates and flies with me in the paramotor. Red one is the house protector

2 Likes

How do I get my hands on one of these decks? Iā€™m searching ā€œfathom mini drop deckā€ or so and everything is unavailable/out of stock.

I got it off of target.com

1 Like

Is target.com on the trusted vendor list?

3 Likes

Adding now. As well as Walmart, IKEA, and @mmaner 's fav Dollar General.

5 Likes

It was my poor attempt

4 Likes

@ShutterShock, that was quick. Where did you get it from? Regular shipping from China? Did you test the fast charging yet?

1 Like

Its coated and Theres a fine, waterproof mesh installed above the fan

waterproof mesh? How can air go through but not water?

2 Likes

Its near enough a hydrophobic mesh that repels water until it gets too much pressure. Itā€™s more a just in case scenario, I donā€™t plan to ride in the rain often

1 Like

Do you mean the phase wires or the silicone/caps that havenā€™t been coated?

goretex
more or less waterproof. if i had one point of failure that was ip66 honestly iā€™d be happy
https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/index.php/en/miscellaneous/gore-pressure-balancing-valve/gore-pmf-100600-135-detail

1 Like

Lol, well actually more of a coincidence, itā€™s not my board, I revamped it for a mate who is quite happy with these, I just fitted a fresh set :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hereā€™s the link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000247080041.html?mb=91VWkAjPKV4wNbX&srcSns=Moreā€¦&tid=white_backgroup_101&tt=sns_More&image=H9ecdfb9544644d07956a88f7992a06a9g.jpg&aff_request_id=6bcb977d91194f5d84e8ea717c0bfcc9-1593371614556-02287-_dUkEjF2&spreadType=socialShare&aff_platform=default&sk=_dUkEjF2&aff_trace_key=6bcb977d91194f5d84e8ea717c0bfcc9-1593371614556-02287-_dUkEjF2&businessType=ProductDetail&templateId=white_backgroup_101&title=US+%245.28++28%OFF+|+QC+3.0+Fast+Charging+USB+Power+Bank+Shell+Battery+Charger+Box+LED+Digital+Display+Light+8x+18650+Battery+Charger+Box+For+Xiaomi&platform=AE&terminal_id=0e878822afe242b682038e34921ae4b0

Got it from ali express! I love it so far, both of them fast charge both directions. I tried using my Samsung fast charger to charge each battery and both of them fast charged through USB-C just fine. In addition, they both output fast charging capability to my S10+ just fine. I tested them with my TS-80 and both of them powered it fine. Thereā€™s a little ticking? / coil whine / buzzing sound on occassion when using the higher fast charging modes (ts-80 uses 8v), not sure what thatā€™s about but it didnā€™t seem to affect itā€™s functionality.

1 Like

Downside of sealed motors I guess. 86F isnā€™t that hot outside though, what kinda amps you running?

1 Like

I have problems with all types of motors in summer, also open cans. There is a magic temperature threshold of about 24-26Ā°C (75-79Ā°F). Below I have almost zero problems, above the motors overheat every ride.

100 motor amps :joy:
I could decrease to 80A but it makes no difference. Maybe 50A would work but thatā€™s lame.

Last summer I had 6384 motors with open cans (80A) and was so desperate that I built this ridiculous 12V cooling setup powered by a 3s1p.

Well it worked but only during riding in reverse (or standstill) because there was no space to mount the fans in the direction of the natural airflow :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s crazy haha you must be on the larger side huh I donā€™t think my motors ever really struggle to push all 160lbs of me lol

2 Likes