šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

That was not only caused by shitty plugs but also because they crimped the wires on instead of soldering them

5 Likes

Let me draw attention to this

aka ā€œAmass brandā€ not the fake copies of the real ones

5 Likes

It may be ok but why take the risk for 30c more xt90 is a better fit. Even twatter has started using xt90S.

You will very likely run into thermal throttling before the xt60 would meld.
Not to forget most will run dual anyway, so the current will be split to two xt60.

It will be fiiiine like it was on the unity too :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Smaller, easier to solder, lighter, more compact, and I personally never need an XT90 for a single ESC. For a pair, maybe.

They also have bigger ESCs in-stock which Iā€™m sure donā€™t use XT60, if thatā€™s your thing.

I kind of want these. Despite the connector. Its perfect for a short board stealth build. over 2 ESC current wouldnā€™t be so bad.

2 Likes

im quite interested in the compact size of that trampa hd60. just a shame that frank is an asshat.

3 Likes

An XT60 may be ā€˜cause for concernā€™ in a dual controller, but in a single ESC itā€™s more than adequate. How many people are pulling 150 phase amps per side for even a secondā€¦

Ok maybe @Arzamenable

4 Likes

Even minus the VAT, thats a fucking expensive single controller.

Is this ASS shit HW or FW based?

3 Likes

Oh, first time I got confused between the two threads :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Canā€™t imagine there will be too many buyers @ almost $450 USD for a pair of 60V VESCS that probably canā€™t outperform a Unity watt for watt. 2x 75V/100s are less.

I only want it if it says ā€œASS READYā€ in big letters across the entire dual controller.

6 Likes

Everybody gets one.

2 Likes

The size though. And the sensorless startup.
A dual will push up to 300A peak and iā€™m sure that is a thermal limit, not something that blows the controller (and even if it does blow, they fix it?)

These will kinda run dual 63100ā€™s with a good heatsink. At this size, what else comes close?

Is this is just marketing speak for the HFI sensor mode, which any VESC has?

1 Like

But they have a new sensorless startup though? Hardware limited, needs quite a few extra uart channels and a better processor. I thought this has been discussed in detail already here

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be really interested to see how this thing performs thermally. My guess is it will be like 40A battery cont/side.

Youā€™re right

1 Like

Yah itā€™s good enough once itā€™s zip tied down tight. Itā€™s not hard to see where I put it as itā€™s angled up and out, to where any car drivers should see it easily. My motors donā€™t get in the way but maybe on some other boards you would need to put it in a different spot.

ASS READY

5 Likes

@trampa made it sound like these were going to be less expensive, partially because of the reduced footprint. Looks like that was false

EDIT: my rough calculations say the HD is 53% of the area of the vesc 6 mk 6. Both have ASS startup but the HD can only handle 5 amps less continuous. Itā€™s only Ā£15 cheaperā€¦ can still get a dual ESC elsewhere for the price of 1 Trampa Vesc

6 Likes