šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

well, acounting for inflationā€¦ just kidding :smiley: its still trampa, not sure if cheaper than 60D/makerx/unity would be possible

Math is hard man comon

5 Likes

ā€œsmallest Vesc yet!ā€ i feel like to be fair it should be written ā€œsmallest Vesc yet, but not smallest VESC compatible ESCā€ or something simillar

Itā€™s maybe tedious but the way it is, it sounds like some kind of low grade marketing based on some obscure legal definition word playā€¦

EDIT : i felt bad so i checked myself, itā€™s pretty much one of the smallest though, i think the maker-x dual was a bit smaller ?

2 Likes

w/e, itā€™s the smallest theyā€™ve made. They live in Trampa land, they talk in Trampa land.
Check out this tiny matchech vesc 65x20x7or8. https://maytech.cn/collections/speed-controllers/products/copy-of-maytech-new-72v-vesc-controller-mtsvesc7-5r-round-vesc-based-on-vesc6-0-hardware-for-electric-skateboard-longboard

The 75A cont rating doesnā€™t mean much. Show me what it can do @ 95% duty on both channels for more than 30s w/o throttling.

edit: maker-x dual is 77x62x22.

5 Likes

seriously i was myself ready for war,
but we canā€™t compare bananas with potatoes,
whatā€™s the smallest dual (v)ESC capable of at least 50A with the dissipator included ?

yeah itā€™s really difficult to say which one is smaller xD
the maker x has a smaller surface, but this one has an overall smaller volume

Wtf, I thought Trampa was on the side of nothing between the battery and ESC; no fuse, no BMS. Then this all of a sudden?

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking thatā€™s for charging

Thatā€™s a design from vesc forum even the creator said no more than 30 amps, they must troll that forum looking for Gerberā€™s. Maytech are the worst at thermals they even had to offer a PC CPU fan for their 200 amp. Epic Fail

2 Likes

Yeah, with no heat dissipation, Iā€™d expect it to be similar to the old 4.12s. Still think it would be in the ballpark size-wise with two vescs and a heat sink.

2 Likes

All Trampa monster box wiring was including midi fuses always as far as I know off.
Thatā€™s nothing new.

They are slow blow fuses by the way and 50A for each side is a good choice as they can handle round about the double for some seconds. Could find the data sheet again if itā€™s interesting for somebody

3 Likes

Thank you for correcting / informing me!

2 Likes

I didnā€™t knew it either a while back. Hard to find out if you donā€™t own one of their battery boxes by your own :sweat_smile:
I think even on the old vesc6s they used 2x50A.
Would be interesting to hear if somebody ever blown up one of their fuses. So far I personally never heard of one.

I wonder what the commit history is going to look like when that is pushed :eyes:.

All the claims Trampa is making are highly suspicious.

2 Likes

You said the same about hibernate discharge rate and then backpedaled :^)

3 Likes

I thought it was implemented properly but turns out itā€™s not automatic and disables power to control logic while leaving the power stage fully energized.

He will probably squash them all into one giant commit

1 Like

when will these be for sale?

Twin will be 325GBP + Tax and single probably 175GBP + Tax.
Considering that these units are very serviceable, very small, use some expensive components and that a lot of new code was written for them, we think this is a very reasonable price tag.

4 Likes

Thermally these are very strong. They run as nearly cool as a VESC 6 when driving a Mountainboard.
In our tests we pulled 75A continous per channel with the unit clamped to a chunk of aluminium and no airflow. In skateboarding we have very low continous amps anyway, so heat does not build up even in very power full off road setups.

A.S.S. is a combination of HW / Software and allows full torque startup without sensors. Software development is not finished but we want to let you know that these devices are prepared to support A.S.S once it is available in VESC-Tool. In future motor sensors will play less of a role.

2 Likes