Raijin Racing parts and builds

Hahaha oh dear…

4 Likes

Got the prototype RX hubs in. Super sexy

20 Likes

Whats the bearing to bearing distance? Do you need extra long axles for these?

These look super clean.
Out if interest what’s the weight of 1?

On another note. What’s the enclosure material? Looks either 3D printed or rough cnc’d?
Guessing the battery is double stacked in there judging by the depth?

3 Likes

Fits any axle that a trampa hub fits on. 16mm spacing.

2 Likes

The hub alone is 330g, full wheel with bearings and all is 856g.

Enclosure is fibreglass, the textured finish is the gel coat. And it’s double stack.

RX hubs are evolving, and I think I might rename them to fit the lineup I have planned. The weight is now 283g at 60mm wide, trampa bolt pattern for less rotational weight and also short bolts. More details later, que the renders!

13 Likes

What’s happening with the 65mm versions?

5 shooters never looked so good

6 Likes

That design is getting dropped as it’s more expensive and less functional, as much as I know it looks cool

Theoretically, this could allow tire changes with out removing the rear portion of the hub from the axle?

5 Likes

That is the plan, excellent observation sir

4 Likes

Well I got the first couple of the new RX series hubs, and they turned out just like the renders. The raw aluminium part is shaped perfectly that you can spin it up on a board to polish them. These are going to be called RX5 standing for the 5 hole design. Polished vs unpolished

And on the old demonseed I built for a friend of mine

Split apart

This is the first design of this kind :blush:

19 Likes

I guess this is a good time to introduce the SR series of wheels I will be doing. They are set to fill the gap that haggy left but also a bit more modern and racing aesthetic. They work only with 6x2 tyres for now, and I have plans for a custom tyre later on. This will also be the lightest wide street wheel, at 225 grams estimated. The first one is a 3 spoke style, inspired again by rotiform for now while I work on 4 more spoke designs of the same hub. The best part is that the outer lip is the same across all models, so you don’t even have to buy a whole hub to have a different look. Here’s a sneak peak…

And another version 3d printed

14 Likes

Very cool! Can you see if it works with Sunmate 150mm tires as well?

Any idea what the weight will be like for them?

The dual tone color looks dope on the RX5

4 Likes

It shouldn’t, his hubs will only fit Haggy tires and the aliexpress “6Shooter” tire

Well haggy tires do not exist anymore

The 6x2 makes sense

The standard 150mm tyres won’t work on any of my hubs, the RX are too wide and the SR are a smaller tyre seat as well. I’ve tested literally every tyre and decided they suck and not to include in the design process. Hence the reason for going with the 6x2 clever tyres, they are easily the best 6 inch I found.

1 Like

Interesting. Good to know! I personally prefer the sunmate to the clevers I think, but both are good

1 Like

It wasn’t really the tyre itself, more that the quality control seemed to be bad. I had lots of imperfect ones, and at higher speed it’s crucial that they aren’t wobbly/lumpy… I should add that the SR will also fit Hoyt 5 inch tyres, although I don’t know how they will stretch

2 Likes