Raijin Racing parts and builds

This is what I’ve heard too. My set is pretty good but I’ve heard other people say they hate the sunmates because they’re wobbly. I think maybe 1/4 of mine is a little bit wobbly

Stretched hoyt 5 inch sounds cool looking

3 Likes

What drivetrain mounts will you be working into these hubs? Or are you doing proprietary belt pulleys?

Will there be wide adaptors? To increase the dish size with a spacer.

I’m tipping the hubs will already be as wide as the tires will allow

2 Likes

Stretching tires is the new hotness though

Hence why the hubs will be made specifically to stretch the tire as much as it will allow.

5 Likes

Now that would be neat, but IMO it’s always better to have the option rather than a specific method be forced by the design

1 Like

You do have the option. Don’t want wide wheels? Don’t buy wide rims :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Fair point.

I always want everything to be a Swiss Army knife lol

1 Like

I’ve designed some lightweight pulleys to go with them, and they are already 60mm wide. I initially wanted 2 width versions but I found no benefit of doing this other than saving maybe 20 grams. What makes you want a narrower hub?

4 Likes

nothing ia making me want narrowed hubs, I was more wondering about the design and if these hubs would be made to stretch tires, or made for normal tires with an option to stretch.

the pulleys look great, but what about people wanting to mount these rims on other drivetrains like gears or direct? would you release compatible gears or adaptors for the major gear drives out there like Boardnamics, 3DS, moon or Lacroix drives?

I see, no it is as wide as possible at 30psi by default. In future I could go wider on the custom tyres :crazy_face:

As for adapting to other drives, no I won’t be pursuing this yet. If it is possible down the track I might consider it, but the RX series is aimed towards use on everyone else’s parts. The SR design being a lot smaller internally may not work on existing gear drives at all and probably would require a design that is made to allow it

2 Likes

Bro, these are looking quite nice! (might need to balance for the “slick” dice valve cap)
I’m making some hubs for my build currently, but, if I where to buy, it would be these! Great job!

11 Likes

Appreciate that! I wouldn’t run valves like that personally but the guy likes it :joy:

1 Like

How would you intend the valves to be run?

Without a chunky valve cap

2 Likes

Chunky valve cap cool

1 Like

FTFY

2 Likes

Actually u FTFY, not me.

I run Tesla caps

1 Like

U never knew u needed this

12 Likes

I hope you don’t have to learn the hard way how incredibly dumb this is.

2 Likes