Radium Performance

That is true but some people also wait by the mailbox with their board and ask the mailman to help hold the part while they install it…

4 Likes

200w

2 Likes

I may also be guilty of pre aging my radium parts but esk8 shit is bloody expensive so some projects take time to hoard :rofl:

But I did just bolt some motors an adapters onto trucks to test fit
finally ready to go for this build if that helps any
Bloody keen to get it rolling :grin:

8 Likes

Hits the spot for me

3 Likes

your Wisdom has grown exponentially since you rage sold your boards :rofl:

2 Likes

Sneak peak from Michael who’s testing the latest and most innovative Radium motor mount prototypes for the matrix 3 trucks:

His new mtb build is really nice too:

7 Likes

Taper lock motor mount :star_struck:

Be great if there was a thread or something on the other side that would press out the little wedge. They have this on taper lock pulleys and it makes them much easier to remove. Of course it may not be an issue here :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve found you can tap the wedge out from behind with a flathead screwdriver. After a while the wedges can cold friction weld to the hangar so you’re definitely right in bringing that up.

2 Likes

Who is that sexy-looking dude with the receding hairline :crazy_face:

I can say with absolute confidence that once these mounts are on, they won’t be slipping off. I’m a big fan of the new wedge-style clamping method, far superior to what everyone else is currently doing.

Most motor mounts have a truck clamp, then you have to clamp the actual motor mount to the truck clamp… These mounts do away with all that fuss and get straight to the point.

Also #FuckLoctite

6 Likes

@Tony_Stark are dedicated Riptide adapters coming for Matrix 3 as well?

Hypertruck bushings don’t work with matrix 3. The hypertruck ones are angled, and m3 are flat. You could use the m2 riptide adapters if you are ok cutting the bushing up a bit.

2 Likes

The existing ones fit matrix 3. You just have to cut the angled tip off the top of riptide bushings so they are flat and it all works.

2 Likes

Any idea why one of my motors has some resistance/rubbing noise? Only seems to happen at certain RPMs… the motors are basically new, maybe 2 miles on them.

1 Like

If you unhook the motors form the esc is it the same?

2 Likes

Yep, bit less noticeable when just spun by hand

Even took the motor pinion off in case the circlip was somehow rubbing. Noise still present

2 Likes

I would suggest you take it up with whoever you bought your motors from. Radium motors are spec’d differently to ones purchased from Reacher, and we can’t spend all our time giving tech support to people who don’t even support us.

5 Likes

Alrighty then. Thanks anyhow. FWIW your pricing really isn’t competitive with the other similar motors on the market, especially as a US-based customer… which was a definite factor when deciding who to buy from.

1 Like

I knew they were going to be expensive when designing them with Reacher, in fact I made upgrades over time that increased the manufacturing cost even more.

But I also know how frustrating and potentially dangerous it is to have motors fail especially with the level of performance boards are at today.

The people who buy our motors are not looking for the cheapest thing that works, they’re seeking the best - the toughest most reliable high performance motor that will make their board feel more alive than any other motor. With the added comfort of knowing we will look after them if they have any issues or queries, and they’re aware that if they buy cheaper motors they will probably wear out and need to be replaced multiple times.

Our motors aren’t for everyone, but we made them for the people that need them.

13 Likes

Any plans for 6495?

90% of time noise at certain rpms is a bearing issue

a fucked motor fucks your mood and yourself

my brain says yes but my wallet actively hides when i view your website XD

4 Likes