Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

nope

Screenshot 2022-07-01 173027

Well, I feel like I’ve betrayed you DIY homies - because I just bought a Lacroix Jaws off FB marketplace…

The price was right and I’m pretty stoked to have a street cruiser to ride in two weeks instead of facing down 6+ months of build time.

Expect to see more items for sale soon.

12 Likes

No one is begrudging you this sweet snag. Congrats!

1 Like

@Esk8freaktal

4 Likes

@xsynatic You da real MVP

1 Like

Happy to oblige

1 Like

What top speed would you expect out of 6354 flipsky motors, BN dual gear drives on 85mm wheels. I’m getting to about 26mph with a 200lbs board and rider. Unloaded it’ll do 30 at 85% duty cycle. I think I’m motor heat limited, but I haven’t attached my meter. It’s 102F today.

What Kv motors and what gear/pulley ratio? What is your battery charge voltage?

12s2p p42, I had the same results at 100% and 50% charged. The motors are 190Kv.

I’m no longer sure what the ratio is. I thought it was 75/29, but the BN website also says 2.78 so… They are whatever BN helicals have been shipping in the past year.

Sounds about right for that ratio/kv/voltage/wheelsize. I’d order the 2.2 pinions if you want more speed from it. It should bring your topspeed a bit over 30mph

I don’t think it’s the ratio, that’s limiting me un loaded it’ll go 30. On tb 110 wheels I ran out of steam before I do on 85mm wheels

I plugged in your specs and shows what your getting is on par with what should be expected.

Also have to figure in the 2p moli could be sagging the voltage enough to hinder top speeds. That would be amplified by the 110s.

I have a 12s3p42a on 100s running 2.2 bnm1s, and it tops about 32 weighted, though i suspect my maytech 190kv are actually closer to 180kv otherwise i would hut 35-36mph.

You can also bump your duty cycle limit start to 90% to get a couple extra mph. Much more than 90 gets dicey

1 Like

I can hold 34mph on the GPS with:

Single 6374 230kv, vesc 6, 12s4p 30q, 16/40, 90mm, 160lb

Pulls just shy of 60 battery amps.

I also hit 32 on dual 6355s, but the gearing could have been taller as I was pegged at max duty.

Try these settings for the 12s2p P42A 6354 setup

Battery - 60A total (80A total if the cells stay below 75c)
Motor - 65A ea
Duty cycle limit start - 93%

1 Like

Just means your range was higher :rofl:

1 Like

You aren’t kidding… below 20mph I’ve gone 25 miles on a single charge. At 30mph I’m lucky to get 14 miles!

1 Like

Has anyone tried using those commercial anti slip tape thingies for grip tape? They feel like a more durable alternative since they’re often used in high traffic and outdoor areas, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen one that wasn’t grippy no matter how old they are.

4 Likes

For what it’s worth, on the stormcore 60d in my lacroix jaws, the stock factory setting from Lacroix is 95% on FW5.1.

I dont remember who, but someone on here swears by them.

1 Like

Yep, I did. Works pretty good, however I don’t like the looks.

6 Likes

That a real number plate? For legal reasons?

1 Like