2WD
190KV
15:50 gearing
125mm
12s4p (P42A)
140A from battery
80A per motor

acceleration I would rate to be a 10/10
Board and me weight about 80kg together, and my gearing is very very toruqe focused. I have never ridden any other board though, although the board accelerates faster than I am able to use.

Avg cruising speed is 20mph, give or take 5 depending on my mood.
6374 Flipsky (battle-hardened)
Drivetrain is belt
Eovan RS125
Deck is boundmotor landcruiser. No bindings but a little drop.
Stormcore 60D.

Edit: I also have about 300miles/ 500km on it.

1 Like

*a little note on acceleration
I know there is no way itā€™s a 10/10, but thatā€™s what it feels like to me. If we say that a meepo mini dual is a 0, and heath lewisā€™s board is a 10, I would probably be around a 6/7, but I really donā€™t have the necassary experience to comment on this.

This doesnā€™t make sense, you could change this to 100a from battery and it would make no difference. Up your motor amps if you want more power

Youā€™re on the mid end both torque and power wise right now

1 Like

Probably not gonna want to push the amps any higher on that eovan ESC, but 140 is too high - I would bring down the battery amps to 50 per side / 100 total. Seems more reasonable, but I donā€™t really know.

1 Like

I agree batt amps way too high but its a stormcore 60d so maybe he was trying to stay within the rated limits

Those can do 100 motor amps cant they

1 Like

My bad - I missed the 60d note. Some people are fine pushing them to 100a, some people blow them up like @Evwan . I personally stick with 80a per side on it. Also worth knowing if weā€™re talking 60d or 60d+ here, but in either case, Iā€™d stay at 80a.

1 Like

Dude I have no idea why mine blew. I was near top speed so it was 40 amps per side!

Thatā€™s fucking terrifying. Iā€™m glad you were ok

Sorry, I wasnā€™t correct I am putting out 100 amps from the battery and 80 per motor. I am quite light though, so I rarely get anywhere near max current.

I did that because it is what someone else with identical equipment to me did, and I copied it, what do they actually mean though?

Deck: boundmotor octopus.
Motors: radium 245kv. 2wd.
Battery: 13s8p m50LT 21700.
Gearing, currently: 16/65t changing to 16/78t.
Wheels, currently: 175mm changing to 165mm meepo cyclone tyres.
Battery amps: 60a per side.
Motor amps: 100a with a 150a peak per side.
Vesc: MakerX D75.
Not to sure of exact total watts being pulled. I estimate a persistant of 5000w with a peak of 6500w - 7000w.

Super smooth acceleration and surprisingly fast to exceed 50+kph.

6 Likes

You can also use this The Ultimate esk8 calculator - with Force in Newtons to get better idea of how that changes at the wheels feel. But dropping to 165 and higher gear ratio should definitely get you better torque.

2 Likes

Upgraded setup:

Current setup:

Thanks mate, Iā€™ve attached the results.

2 Likes

ok
someone reacted to this, and i have no clue what i said here

1 Like

Got some internal shots? Cuious how you managed a 13s8p in that enclosure, i thought the octopus encl. Was a 12s8p?

Whats your clearance going to be like on 165?

I dont Iā€™m sorry mate. If I open it up again Iā€™ll post some for you. Basically I have enough room for the battery, BMS and MakerX D75 with plenty of room to spare for wires, etc. The enclosure is designed for a 4wd setup so a 12s8p would be incredibly tight but possible. Whereas with a 2wd setup you could run a 16s8p 21700 battery with a tight fit motor controller.

Clearance, I had 8.5cm on 175mm tyres, on 165 I have 7.5cm clearance.

IF i could cool it enough, OR for for short distance it makes
12 Kilowatts =

16.092265 Horsepower
ultimate goal is

going down hill yesterday on the group ride my DavegaX said i had 100 miles of range, @skyart put. a small reactor in it 14s 12p 42a(thats like equal to a dozen AAA duracells)

i want someone to print me some wings, see if i can take flight

3 Likes

Hey mate, heres an image of the internals inside my old landyachtz evo enclosure made by eboosted.

The main difference between that enclosure and the boundmotor one is that the boundmotor is slightly shorter but doesnt have the slanting internal walls which loose around 6cm of length which gives it more internal room.

3 Likes

Total max force 850 Newtons

Torque rating now a 9 out of 10! If I wasnā€™t using a puck remote with in built throttle curve it would probably be 10.

Geared to 68km/h so I guess thatā€™s why itā€™s so torquey.

Loving the 4wd as I get no more thermal throttling issues so I can keep pushing it hard with no performance drop.

8 Likes
  • qty motors: 4WD
  • motor kv: 170 if I remember correctly
  • gear ratio 5:1
  • wheel diameter 8 inch, bout to try 6.5
  • battery configuration (18s 6000mah lipo x 4)
    Per motor:
  • battery current max: 80
  • motor current max: 100

**Subjectively, how would you rate this buildā€™s torque (acceleration) on a 1-10 scale? 8

and follow-up question: how many total miles(or kilometers) have you esk8ed? (im going for order of magnitude percision here, so 100s, 1.000s, 10.000s, 1.000.000s, ect. )

5-10k miles on every build Iā€™ve made maybe. Odometers are new lol

2x ubox v2 100v100a x2. Thats a mouthful. Something special to replace those on the way due to overcurrent warnings on the test bench. Canā€™t push above 80 amps battery with this controller/motor combo. Motor cutouts while riding this amount of power is just too dangerous.

About 66 wh/mi with current settings.

2 Likes