šŸš€ Post your board's power stats!

ā€œmainā€ build that I threw together out of spare parts for a weekend and then used full time since then

2wd
170kv (I think, will double check)
6354 - Maytech
2.4 pulley ratio (36:15, also need to double check)
85mm cafe
10s2p 30Q
~17A battery per side
~60A motor (might be more)
100kg rider, Iā€™m fairly sure the throttle curve and deadband are just at default
~500km total
20-30km/h most of the time
~35" deck with cutouts at both ends so not a huge standing platform

Torque is a funny one; because itā€™s a bit thrown together, the roads here are mostly crap, and the wheels are fairly small, I feel every bump and thereā€™s a lot of vibration and rattling. Iā€™m also not a super adventurous rider when Iā€™m not at the park, so most of the time Iā€™m not using the available torque on most boards anyway. If that sounds like you too, it feels nice and snappy when I need it, like 7 or 8/10

2 Likes

I just finished building my first HV board, with ~6,000w of continuous power per side.

I currently have it on 175mm tires with a top speed of 34mph, and Iā€™m getting used to this much power under my feet. It feels overpowered but I might just need to dial in my throttle curve. There is aggressive amounts of torque at any speed. Top speed would be 40mph on 200mm tires.

• 18s4p
  • 151kv - 6384 reachers
  • 16:89 - (BN 5.5 ratio straight steel gears)
  • 175mm (SKPs)
  • 100 amps battery (total)
  • 80 amps motor (per side)
  • 10/10 subjective power
5 Likes

Mrs Brownstone - street build 1st build
drop down deck
120 clouds
Batt 12s 5p 30q 80a con
6355 170kv
m1GD helical speed ratio 35/64
Stormcore 60d+
battery 40a per side
motors 65a
solid torque still ,not as good as standard ratio but the speed gain is huge :slight_smile:
geared to 50 mph ā€¦current top i have done is 40 mph :slight_smile: was intense .

4 Likes

Flux v1 deck
8" kenda
3ds 1:4 straight GD
16s6p p42a
173kv skp 6485
Lacroix 100d
110 motor amps/side
Hoyt puck
6.5/10 power, I like being scared of my board and I feel like I have complete control over it and can do more than what its capable of, time to upgrade

4 Likes

That board is fast af. If you donā€™t need the top end, go 5.2+ gear ratio.

2 Likes

I do need top end lol, but I need tourqe I dont have, i sit at 50+ for a mile or so at a time since I dont like going slower than traffic so any time Iā€™m on a 45mph road I chill at 50 which I couldnt do with a different ratio. I need more amps since I like hill climb and I dont want to be able to keep the throttle pinned on a hill like I can. I see skyarts new esc in my future.

1 Like

Yeah more amps and more groups in series seems like the only path. Youā€™re already pushing it hella hard.

1 Like

1:4 ratio :face_with_peeking_eye:

never seen someone with a setup where the wheel oulley is smaller :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m actually using a large squirrel in a hamster ball to power my board, not much tourqe but he gets going eventually.

1 Like

youā€™re not squirreling around, thatā€™s for sure!

full send

2 Likes

I think I can make your set up 1:5, need to consult 3Ds

1 Like

But then I would only have a top speed of 44mph according to the calculator

Iā€™m planning on doing a whole new board since I want more than 16s, better vesc, stiffer deck, bigger motors so I dont overheat in summer, at that point I might as well either sell this board whole or keep it as a backup

2 Likes

Are you planning on another MTB style board?

• qty motors: 2x
  • motor kv : 205
  • gear ratio 4.5
  • wheel diameter 200
  • battery configuration 12s8p vapcel 21700
    Per motor:
  • battery current max 60
  • motor current max 80

Average cruising speed 30kmh
motor size and brand: 6385 reacher
drivetrain type: board dynamics m1-at gear drive
wheel type: MBS mud tyres 200x50
deck info: Ramm boards mtbr1 with MBS f5 bindings
esc type: bkb xenith

This is my first eskate and build so my view is a bit skewed.

I feel I could use more torque off the mark but that would be due to the high kv motors I have, but it makes up for it with the top end cruising speed of well more than Iā€™ll ever need. So far Iā€™ve managed about 700km on this build and havenā€™t really had much major issues

1 Like

Increase motor amps to 100

5 Likes

Up your motor current to 100 or even higher if your ESC allows. Watch your motor temps but this will give you more of the line torque

I wouldnā€™t dare run a xenith above 100. I would only run it at 90 actually.

Oh yeah if itā€™s one of them, I would keep it at 80 unless heatsinked

1 Like

Not heatsinked ATM but will be today after having some thermal cutoffs on a longer ride. If I keep having heat issues them Iā€™ll start looking into a bigger ESC to handle the higher amps

2 Likes

Maybe, I have only ridden this board and my old Duo so I donā€™t really know what I want besides that I like this board. Why, do you have something interesting?

1 Like