Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

hoyt + metro are making 153s for “standard” hub I believe that replace the old 155s, although that whole situation is confusing to me

2 Likes

Whether you believe that or not is up to you.

1 Like

Delam issues with the Metro155’s so they found a better supplier hopefully

5 Likes

Thanks for that, ok soft and grip nicely sounds good enough for me and turns out they have an EU warehouse with free shipping. I’ll add them to the wiki when I have them

1 Like

They are custom sized. Nothing else fits, yet

3 Likes

We need to get some measurements added to other wheels for bearing to bearing width.

Mbs are 38.2mm for sure.

You lazy fucks that have hubs sitting on the bench, contribute!

3 Likes

4 Likes

As I wade into this it appears tire sizes do not tell you what they fit and wheel dimensioning appears about as poorly defined as the way people measure a skateboards wheelbase…or is it just me?

8 Likes

Not just you

1 Like

Preach.

THEY NEVER GIVE ALL THE NEEDED DIMENSIONS!

5 Likes

I came across this recently when looking for 4" bead diameter tires:

7 Likes

Hoyt tires

2 Likes

3 Likes

which 6" tires are you using on the InfinityHubs?

Imo worst road tire ever. Has like -10 grip and feels like plastic. These are Innova tires with the Kenda tread pattern. Very different compound to regular Kendas. Very hard and smooth in comparison.

3 Likes

Hoyt 5" tires

2 Likes

What kind of 8" road tire do you like?

Kendas are great, widely available too. The CST/Cleaver ones are also pretty good.

Just avoid the MBS/innova 8" ones. I fully slid out on a tiny patch of gravel going fairly slow, and the ride feel is really weird.

1 Like

Yea hard to beat the kendas. Wears well and long lasting. They do have this sound that I love when carving hard.

4 Likes

has anyone tried these? seems like a good price, but tbh i havent tried pneumatics yet

3 Likes